Complaint Review: Monitronics

• Reported By: Zillionaire2 — Missouri City Texas United States of America
Monitronics
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Monitronics Refuses to cancel service and keeps billing me. Dallas, Texas

Monitronics has got to be the absolutely most frustrating and dishonest company in the United States.

I have been trying to cancel their service for one entire year. I started with a phone call which they managed to deflect because I wasn't certain of my password. They sent me my password and I attempted to cancel again. I was assured it would be cancelled but they continued to send me bills. My wife paid them because she felt the service was still being provided.

I then faxed them and still received a bill. I then mailed them a letter; still a bill. I finally decided the only way to get their attention was to NOT pay the bill. That did receive a response. They agreed to stop sending me a bill, if I'd pay another month. In order to hopefully stop I paid them. Guess what, I got another bill. I ignored it and received another bill the next month. FINALLY, the day after Thanksgiving I called again and they claim to have zeroed out my account, cancelled it and will send me a zero balance statement next month. Let's see what happens.

This company sucks. I plan on posting this on every single alarm review site I can find on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2011 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics/Dallas-Texas-/Monitronics-Refuses-to-cancel-service-and-keeps-billing-me-Dallas-Texas-801653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics