Complaint Review: Monitronics

Monitronics
1782 Western Charm Dr. Riverton, Utah USA

Monitronics Liars. Riverton Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Monitronics Cares

I compoleted my 3 year contract. I called before it was up and made sure of the last date of contract. I called at the end of July, 2013 as contract was up and cancelled. I was told I had to send a letter that phone cancellation could not be done. I did this. Then I moved. I got a call today with a demand of 3 months of payments. I told them about my past conversation. There was "No record" of the conversation. They asked if I had gotten a conformation letter FROM them. I moved...no letter was forwarded. Then they told me I could do a phone cancelation. I said "Again? " and told them I was advised it could not be done that way.  She assured me it would be done. I went further and said to her that if I was on a month to month basis after my 3 year contract was up, why did they call and ask for payments? The account they pulled from before was still active and their information was current. She had no answer. I told her that if I had agreed in any way, then they could just have continued to draw from that account. BUT because I did not agree, it was ILLEGAL for them to just debit by account. That would have been theft. They had no such contract or agreement but were in fact trying to mislead me.  She said she would see what she could do. As of now  Monitronics shows me with an active account at a home I no longer occupy. They are not an honest company and use sneaky ways to keep accounts open and lie to get money that is not owed to them. Shameful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monitronics/Riverton-Utah-84065/Monitronics-Liars-Riverton-Utah-1098768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monitronics

Monitronics Cares

AUTHOR: Monitronics Cares - ()

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your customer service experience and I will like an opportunity to resolve your concerns. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 1-888-758-5900 ext. 3042 from 10:00am-7:00pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

John Kyser