Complaint Review: Monro Muffler and Brake

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: sheiladee — Toledo Ohio
Monro Muffler and Brake
3305 Secor Road Toledo, Ohio USA

Monro Muffler and Brake, Jason tried to tell me I needed a new engine ,I didn't, Toledo Ohio

Hello. I wanted to write to say how disappointed I am with Jason at the 3305 Secor Road, Toledo, Ohio location. I took my daughter's car in last Saturday (September 28) because it was "knocking" a little bit and it also needed some routine maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, etc.). I dropped the car off and Jason said he would look into the knocking and get back to us. He called about an hour after the car was dropped off and said that the car was "bone dry" on oil and that the car needed a new engine and that the engine was ruined (I literally almost got sick to my stomach, knowing how much an engine costs). In turn, I called the dealership that I purchased the car from, explained what Jason had told me, and they said to bring it in, as they may be able to give us a discount on a new or re-built engine. I showed up at the Monro store and asked Jason for the car and told him I was taking it to the dealership. Now he tells me that I should ask them about an "engine block" because it might be cheaper (hmmm...do I really need a new engine??). I took the car to the dealership and they found absolutely nothing wrong with the car....just routine maintenance. In my eyes, Jason was taking complete advantage of someone who doesn't know much about cars. All I can say is that I will NEVER take my car to that store again and I will recommend to anyone who is looking for a car service place not to go there. I am also going to contact our local Better Business Bureau regarding this incident, as my experience was completely uncalled for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler-and-Brake/Toledo-Ohio-43606/Monro-Muffler-and-Brake-Jason-tried-to-tell-me-I-needed-a-new-engine-I-didnt-Toledo-O-1089284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler and Brake