Complaint Review: Monro Muffler

• Updated: Sat, September 21, 2013

• Reported By: Unsatisfied — Grafton West Virginia
Monro Muffler
108 Tolley Drive Bridgeport, West Virginia USA

Monro Muffler in Bridgeport, WV Overcharged, ruined upholstery, work not done/completed Bridgeport West Virginia

Got a quote of $688.00 to have all 4 struts replaced and a front end alignment. When the work was completed, I was charged $895.94 for the strut replacement and $89.99for the alignment for a total of $985.83. The actual cost was $297.83 OVER the estimate JUST for those two items!

When I dropped the car off I requested that they also check the exhaust for loose/broken hangers, replace the sway bar bushings and check the brakes. They did check the brakes and adjusted the back brakes satisfactorily. However, they DID NOT replace the sway bar bushings, nor did they replace all the broken hangers on the exhaust; two broken hangers are still dangling from my exhaust system.

I have a "Miscellaneous" Shop Supply Fee on my bill for $39.00; don't have a clue what that was for!

The trunk liner was not replaced correctly after they installed the rear struts; it was torn away from the inside fenders and left to hang that way.

A body repair job around the passenger side rear fender well was busted out and not mentioned by the shop!

The front driver's side carpet in my vehicle is ruined from grease tracked in my the mechanics.

I now have grease stains on the upholstery inside driver's door.

So let's see ... my total bill was $1124.65, I did NOT have all the work done that I asked for, the exhaust was only partially repaired,  my trunk liner is crumpled, and I have grease stains on the carpet and door upholstery.

This is, without doubt, the shoddiest workmanship I have EVER seen. And just a hint ...when you give a quote, you should seriously honor that quote! I may well see my attorney before this is over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monro-Muffler/Bridgeport-West-Virginia-26330/Monro-Muffler-in-Bridgeport-WV-Overcharged-ruined-upholstery-work-not-donecompleted-B-1086263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monro Muffler