Complaint Review: monroe

• Reported By: sanborn61 — berwick Maine
monroe
31 waltons way somersworth nh somersworth , New Hampshire USA

monroe ripoffs somersworth New Hampshire

I went in to make an appt. for an alignment and they quoted me $89 and $20 for rotation of tires. total of 109, Day of appt. I went in and they said it would be a total of 119,no problem ten dollars over is not that big a deal. I left the car and they called me within 10 minutes telling me that i needed a new tierod end on right side inner. They wanted an extra 300 for that. I said no don't do it i cant afford it now I will get it fixed by my regular mechanic. Took the car to my mechanic and they said there was nothing wrong with the tierod end on the right. The left was a little loose so i had them fix that one. no where near 300. They did charge me $20 saying they did the rotation of tires but i doubt they did that in 10 minutes time. I will never take my car to monroes again. I have a feeling they were going to fix the right side (which was not broken) and then take the left wheel off and call and tell me that one needed to be replaced as well. they looked a little peeved when I went to pick up the car. Oh well they lost a customer. Wish i could find an honest mechanic who can do an alignment without ripping me off. My regular mechanic does not have the tool to do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/monroe-/somersworth-New-Hampshire-03878/monroe-ripoffs-somersworth-New-Hampshire-1106594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on monroe