Complaint Review: monsterrentals.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 28, 2012

• Reported By: frank — San Diego California United States of America

monsterrentals.com missrent.com rental service is fake, postings are fake, Internet

It's simple. Monsterrentals is fake and all of their postings are too. I live on mission beach and am looking for a new place to rent on mission beach as my current lease is up and my roomate is moving in with his girlfriend. I found a couple rentals that I was interested in on craigslist and one of them responded to me with this website: www.missrent.com (which is a fake domain name for monsterrentals.com).

I found the same property on that (monsterrentals.com) site and when I looked at the google picture of the "supposed" property I was able to determine it's exact location so I walked down and looked at it. It was not for rent, and certainly wouldn't have been at the advertised price even it if it was. Also, the sheer volume of "supposed" properties that they show listed for mission beach has to be false. There's just not that many available long term rentals here. The conclusion is this: The service is false, the rentals don't exist, they DO advertise on CL. Don't get burned. Glad I didn't, thought about it though.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/monsterrentalscom/internet/monsterrentalscom-missrentcom-rental-service-is-fake-postings-are-fake-Internet-875426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on monsterrentals.com