Complaint Review: More Mileage Now

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Susan — Citrus Heights California United States of America
More Mileage Now
3370 N Hayden Rd. Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

More Mileage Now Mileage Maxx Sold Distributor Program Via Telemarketing From Scottsdale, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Unanswered questions

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Call Customer Service (888) 801-9925

I was contacted by a Mileage Maxx telemarketer who was very skilled at telephone selling. He was able to sell me on a home business that was supposed to earn me a large monthly income that did not require any selling and only about one hour of work a week. I did not actually know what I was buying, but since I was and still am a sucker for any program that promises me a good income with very little work and no selling, I bought a $99 program and thought I would figure it out when I received the sign up package in a couple of days. When I got the package, I realized that I had signed up for an affiliate distributorship for Mileage Maxx fuel additive. The product sounded pretty good even though they had no lab tests to justify their claims. I did some research and found out that it has some bad reviews and is not actually as good as it claims to be.

I waited to be contacted by my "coach" who's job it was to put together a "business plan" for me. At this point I told him I was not interested in spending any money on a business that I had no interest in and had no previous plans of starting before being contacted by the telemarketer. He of course told me that all businesses require a financial investment and that radio and television advertising was the method that was recommended. At this point my husband got into the conversation and insisted that Mileage Maxx send him a quarterly financial 10K report to demonstrate that they were really selling this product.
At this point the conversation ended with my "coach" being quite upset and telling us we should buy the product and prove to ourselves that it is a good product.
We only lost $99, but hey it could have been more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2010 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/More-Mileage-Now/Scottsdale-Arizona-85251/More-Mileage-Now-Mileage-Maxx-Sold-Distributor-Program-Via-Telemarketing-From-Scottsdale-660819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on More Mileage Now

Unanswered questions

AUTHOR: Jane - (United States of America)

I also was contacted by a representative for mileage maxx. I started off with this (at home business) and in the beginning it took 4 weeks for me to recieve my shipment of products I have ordered. So I finally recieved it after arguing with a representative on the phone. Then I proceeded to order more products and when I tried to place an order online it said account rejected.

I have had others try as well and had the same outcome. I then tried calling the 888-801-9925 which is the only number I was provided with at sign up and each time, once again, i've recieved the same outcome after multiple attempts. It had a recording answer stating the next available representative would be with me shortly and in the end just hung up on me. It is absolutely impossible to get in contact with anyone from this company.

I am at wits end and am very well starting to think this is all a scam. Also I have not recieved a commission check yet, 1 month later.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Call Customer Service (888) 801-9925

AUTHOR: Ryan R - (United States of America)

More Mileage Now is a company whichprovides legitimate money making opportunities to those looking to supplement their income.

If you are an affiliate and have a complaint, we encourage you to contact our Customer Service Department to seek resolution prior to posting negative comments about our company. Our Customer Service phone number is (888) 801.9925 and we are available from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday.

Our company is a company of integrity and we take pride in the manner in  which we conduct business. If you believe that you haven't received  what was promised, we ask that you contact us with your complaint, allow us to investigate, and to take any corrective action that may be necessary.

Please keep in mind that negative comments or actions  without basis is considered defamation and/or slander. Our company,  being a company of integrity, will legally pursue to the fullest extent of the law, any individual or company who threatens our integrity  without basis or just cause.

Further, please note that financial  institutions reserve the right to pursue their cardholders to the fullest extent of the law for bringing fraudulent chargeback claims  against merchants. This is a serious problem which costs financial  institutions and merchants millions. Therefore, in an effort to combat  chargeback fraud, our company maintains detailed records of all customer contacts and the documentation that is required to support credit/debit card transactions.

Therefore, should you have a complaint, we strongly encourage you to seek resolution through our Customer Service Department at (888) 801.9925 as this is the only way your issue can be effectively addressed.

Thank you.