Complaint Review: mortenson, inc.

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Kayla0621 — Katy Texas
mortenson, inc.
Internet USA

Dawn Sandin & Tom Wacker email scam for work at home positions offering $35/hr Minneapolis Internet

*Consumer Comment: An obvious scam

I received an email from Mortensen INC. the email said there were available positions for data entry clerk , accounting clerk, accounting executive, clerical administrative , bookkeeping, customer service, Pay roll & Medical Billing coder. it also told me to contact A lady named Dawn Sandin in the Yahoo instant messenger.I sent me message to contact her and we did the job briefing and a brief interview after. I was told to send in my resume and wait for an email from the hiring department about my verification or whatnot with the company. I sent in the resume and I also waited for the email, but never got it. so I messaged her back let her know that I didn't receive any email. I was then told but it should be in my Inbox that night. I still never received an email so she told me to report back in the morning for 9 a.m. to do a follow up. I log back in the next morning and It took her in a while to sign in because she claimed she was in an important meeting. well I let her know I still never received the email. she told me that I was going to get a computer from the company and that I would have to go and buy the necessary software for the computer and that I would be getting a cashiers check in the mail to get the proper software needed. she then asked me which would be a good paying method and I told her direct deposit. so I gave her the info for the prepaid card that I had since I didn't have a bank. I didn't get a response after I told her that but after a few minutes I was told to report back in the morning for further instructions and that is exactly what I did but I never received another message from her after the previous day. I even called the corporate office but I left a message to let them know that I received an email about some job openings offering 35 an hour and to please call me back as soon as possible. I got a call back the very next week on that Monday. the lady that I left a message for informed me that be email was a scam and that she had been getting phone calls about the job openings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mortenson-inc/internet/Dawn-Sandin-Tom-Wacker-email-scam-for-work-at-home-positions-offering-35hr-Minneapoli-1166557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mortenson, inc.

An obvious scam

AUTHOR: Giselle - ()

They emailed you? That is called spam and spam always means a scam.  Interview via yahoo messenger? Yep, that is a calling card of an online job scam.  $35 an hour for clerical type work? On what planet?  Ovbiously a lie and a scam. Wanting your pre-paid card information? Oh yeah, a scam. You have to buy software to do your job? Another calling card of an online job scam!

Everything written smacks of a scam.