Complaint Review: Motor Group Miami

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Cranston Rhode Island
Motor Group Miami
3201 NW 27th Ave Miami, Florida USA

Motor Group Miami, Joe Calava Misrepresentation of vehicle and no return of $1000 deposit, Fraud, Forced to buy car or lose deposit. Miami Florida

*Author of original report: To Jimmy the genius

*Consumer Comment: That Was Smart!

This report concerns the purchase of a 2006 Mercedes Benz E350. I live in New England and the car was being sold in Miami. I asked numerous questions about the condition of the car and any issues that it may have. I was assured by Joe Calava at the Miami Motor Group that there were no issues, so I sent a $1000 deposit. After looking at thirty nine pictures of the car I thought I had seen it all.

Looking back through the pictures I immediately noticed that the car had no sunroof. I asked if he had one with a sunroof or could he find me one. He refused, so I asked for my deposit back at which time he informed me that the deposit was non-refundable (a misrepresentation) so now I was forced to buy the car.

Weeks later when the car arrived on a skell trailer towed by an old pickup I noticed transmission fluid from cars that were above it. When it was pulled off of the trailer, I first noticed the engin light was lit and I could immediately feel from the vibration that the motor mounts were gone along with the transmission mount and after three thousand dollars in repairs, I am still with a bad catalitic converter.

The service light was reset but the oil was not changed and was black. The lifters were noisy from failure to change the oil and neglect. The drivers seat does not work and all in all this was the worst deal of my life. Joe Calava and Motor Group Miami totally misrepresented this vehicle and the entire transaction in every way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motor-Group-Miami/Miami-Florida-33142/Motor-Group-Miami-Joe-Calava-Misrepresentation-of-vehicle-and-no-return-of-1000-deposit-1064934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motor Group Miami

To Jimmy the genius

AUTHOR: Paul - ()

So Jimmy, another genius heard from. Yes, I trusted the Miami Motor Group to be honest and they conned me. But, since you had to get involved with something that is none of your business, automatically that makes you an idiot and leaves me wondering just what it is that you do for a living.

It sounds like you are hooked up with the Motor Group so you also must be a con artist. Why don't you stay out of things that don't concern you and leave this space for someone with half a brain. Oh, and you should have gone to that english class when you had the chance.

That Was Smart!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Oh, guess what, P. T. Barnum just had a birthday last week.  I was curious, was there any leakage when you did the walk-around before the test drive?  How was the fit and finish when you saw it the first time, before you bought it?  Then when you took it for a test drive, before you bought it, how did it run?  How did the engine run?  When you tried all the accessories, did they all work?  During that test drive before you bought it, did any warning lights come on?  What was that?  Oh yes, now I remember, you sent off your money to somebody you don't know to buy a used car, you've NEVER seen, NEVER inspected, NEVER had your mechanic check out and NEVER took on a test drive.  Incredible!  P. T. Barnum?  He said, "A sucker is born every minute!"  Know anybody like that???