Complaint Review: Motor Trends | Pre-owned Dealer | Alvin, Texas

• Updated: Fri, October 11, 2013

• Reported By: jcperez1988 — boynton beach Florida
Motor Trends | Pre-owned Dealer | Alvin, Texas
3971 FM 528 Rd Alvin, Texas USA

Motor Trends | Pre-owned Dealer | Alvin, Texas Erik Brito ANOTHER SHADY DEALER ! Alvin Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Glad we could help.

*Consumer Comment: Your report has no validity

*Author of original report: I'm sure you think you know it all ..

*Consumer Comment: Not the brightest light in the harbor

I Purchased a 2005 Corvette from Erik Brito, I got the car Inspected by the Chevrolet dealership and they told me the tires were in bad condition. I told Erik that and he even saw the Inspection results. I told him that I will not get the car if that was the case Erik assured me that the tires were in good condition. When I got the car, the Tires were showing wires they were in very bad condition!. The car was shaking all over and it wasn't even safe to drive!. Now they wont do anything about Erik wont answer his phone and weeks later his manager just answered the phone to tell me they didn't lie to me when I have Emails from Erik and pictures of the tires. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motor-Trends-Pre-owned-Dealer-Alvin-Texas/Alvin-Texas-77511/Motor-Trends-Pre-owned-Dealer-Alvin-Texas-Erik-Brito-ANOTHER-SHADY-DEALER-Alvin-T-1091247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motor Trends | Pre-owned Dealer | Alvin, Texas

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Glad we could help.

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

I have spoken with the author of this report personally and we have cleared this issue up completely.  The salesperson that he was attempting to contact wasn't answering his phone (as stated in the complaint) because he was no longer employeed here.  As a result, the customer assumed (understandably so) that he was being ignored and became upset.  Out of anger he wrote a negative report online.  This situation was very concerning to me as we take great pride in making sure our customers are taken care of and recieve the attention that they deserve.  In the event there is an "issue" we are more than happy to step in to ensure that our customers are happy with their purchase and the process.  This situation was resolved immediately with one telephone conversation and a brief explanation of the facts.  I appreciate the customer in this case sharing his experience with us and giving us the opportunity to clear up the situation. We are always happy to help and welcome any further feedback.

Your report has no validity

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You wrote, "Erik assured me that the tires were in good condition" then you wrote, "they told me the car had perfect tires"

You seem unsure if they claimed the tires were good or perfect. You changed your story. Your report has no validity.

I'm sure you think you know it all ..

AUTHOR: jcperez1988 - ()

I bought the car online in TX I live in FL.I got the car checked. I thought the people at motor trends were honest.

I believed them when they told me the car had perfect tires.

Not the brightest light in the harbor

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Why did you take the car to the Chevrolet dealership? You totally ignored their evaluation. Why did you purchase a car that was shaking all over and unsafe to drive?

You knew the tires were bad when you purchased the car. Not your smartest plan, huh?