Complaint Review: motorola and T-Mobile

• Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By: emjan — Newark New Jersey United States of America
motorola and T-Mobile

motorola and T-Mobile scammed bussiness practices, Internet

I purchased a brand new motorola cliq as an upgrade to my account after becoming a premier customer with T-Mobile after 3 years of loyal service. I was told i would receive a 150.00 plus discount for the purchase of the phone through T-Mobile. I went to T-mobile, was charged $150 and an additional 140 on top of being bound into a new 2 year contract. I have also been paying for insurance through T-Mobile for protection for my phone for 3 years.

After only 2 weeks, the glass on the phone broke. When I contacted T-Mobile attempting to get my phone repaired, T-Mobile rushed me to their insurance department who was quick to inform me that it would be $130 to get my phone repaired, Motorola only wanted $70 when it should have been repaired for free due to the manufacturers defect.

Motorola told me to originally send the phone to them after a one hour wait on hold and being bounced from dept to dept, I was told the  phone would be a warranty repair since it is only 2 weeks old, and they told me I would have my phone back in 6-7 days repaired. I sent the phone to them, and I got in back in 6 days, the same way I sent it out. Oh, they also sent me a coupon offering a 15% discount to buy a new phone directly from them, and a note saying that the phone can not be repaired under warranty???? After they said they would and I incurred the expense of overnight shipping to send it to them. So I got back on the phone with Motorola, after 2 hours of being bounced around, hung up on, and getting dribble from sales techs, I received another RMA # and the pleasure of paying a 2nd cost for overnight shipping, plus an additional $70 to get the phone repaired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/motorola-and-T-Mobile/internet/motorola-and-T-Mobile-scammed-bussiness-practices-Internet-568758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on motorola and T-Mobile