• Report: #1119964

MOUNTAIN LOAN CENTER
1272 N State Street Orem, Utah USA

MOUNTAIN LOAN CENTER $1000 loan turned into $5000 debt very quickly. Orem Utah

*Author of original report: SCAM

*Consumer Comment: this is what's on their website....

My husband took out a loan for $1000 due to a hardship.  We made payments faithfully until this past summer when my husband ended up in the hospital and almost died.  He missed 2 payments.  I tried to work with them and was in contact with them weekly.  Every time I spoke with them, I was told we owed a differrent amount.  They could never give me a straight answer.  When I asked for a statement in writing, it was refused.  I supplised documentation of my husband's month long hospital stay and was told that if my husband died, then I could use the insurance money to pay the loan.  I paid $2200 on a $1000 and now they want to sue me over $5000, threatening to garnish my wages and seize my bank accounts.  They have called my mother-in-law, my daughter and my boss several times.  The employees are completely unprofessional, completely ill-informed and completely useless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MOUNTAIN-LOAN-CENTER/Orem-Utah-84057/MOUNTAIN-LOAN-CENTER-1000-loan-turned-into-5000-debt-very-quickly-Orem-Utah-1119964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MOUNTAIN LOAN CENTER

SCAM

AUTHOR: fan123 - ()

No one was trying to get out of paying the debt. But trying to get a straight answer, reliable information and ethical representatives is something that you know nothing about.   The people you hire are idiots and incapable  of giving accurate information. You take advantage of people in difficult and desperate situations and then when they make a mistake or when life gets in the way, you exploit them by using every dishonest and shady tactic available. Keep in mind, I can file a lawsuit too. You're disgusting!!!!

this is what's on their website....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Mountain Loan Centers specializes in loans for people that have bad credit, no credit, and past bankruptcy. If you need cash for any reason, come by and visit us and experience the difference that our signature loan will give you. We can have you in and out in about 30 minutes."

This is a sub-prime lender (deadbeat) and they don't believe any of the various reasons for late payment(s).  They've heard them all.  They loan at double to triple digit rates and rapidly pursue those who are late in making payments.

Hope it was indeed a hardship that caused your husband to borrow at this rate of interest and the type of lender.

All they want you to do is live up to the terms of the agreement you signed with them.