Jim

• Reported By: mollybee1979 — Spring Hill Florida
Moving America
4624 Eagle Falls Place Tampa, Florida USA

Moving America poor service quality poor customer service Tampa Florida

Moving America of Tampa charges a large amount of money for what is supposed to be a professional move, and then provides services that someone could hire day labor to do.  They promised experienced professionals to load the truck, wrap the dressers, bag the beds, and take care of our things.  What we got were kids who had been on the job a month.  They stacked heavy furniture on heavy furniture instead of loading the truck properly, therefore things slid around and got crushed.  They didn't pack the truck properly so it took two trips and then I was charged for the extra time.

During the move I notified the company at the main office of the problems we were running into.  The man at the office spoke to someone at dispatch and said that everything would be handled.  Nothing changed.  There were no phone calls to the movers to tell them to start wrapping our things to protect them.  When we asked them to wrap our things, they taped everything up with packing tape.

After the move was finished, I had tried calling the compnay, not to file claims, but to voice my concerns about the situation.  Six phone calls later and no response, I emailed the company.  The woman who e-mailed me back said she KNEW about the issues and I could driect my claims to a third party.  There was no apology for the difficulty or lack of follow up.  There was no conversation about what they could do, in my opinion, to make things right.  The whole time I think acknowledgement of the situation would have helped.

Moving is hard enough.  These problems made it 100X worse.  I am sorry I used this company and I will encourage anyone NOT to ever use them period.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-America-/Tampa-Florida-33619/Moving-America-poor-service-quality-poor-customer-service-Tampa-Florida-1069999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving America