Complaint Review: Moving Cross Country Inc

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: Linda C — Largo Florida
Moving Cross Country Inc
400 Duncan Ave Suite 1C Jersey City, New Jersey USA

Moving Cross Country Inc Lost, damaged goods, extortion and intimidation- now not answering phones Jersey City New Jersey

My experience with Moving Cross Country was a nightmare that wouldn't stop.  Whatever you do, do not use this company.  They were referred by a broker who should not be used either...

1.  After the truck was loaded the driver told me the amount I was to pay was more than double what my estimate was because the cubic feet were underestimated by the broker.  I was told to pay the extra $1200 or the truck would leave with all my possessions and I could sue somebody to get them back.  I PAID!  Incidentally, the inventories matched except for bed rails and 2 curtain rods taped together and 6 ft long.  My sister was with me this day and can bear witness.

2.  Upon delivery in Florida the driver told he could not get down my street because of low hanging  branches.  I told him the garbage truck makes it down and it's larger. [continued below]....

.....  After lengthy discussion where I challenged his driving ability he entered my street without incident - he then showed me a picture on his phone of the top of his truck with a scrape - no damage, just road dirt scraped off.  I refused to pay extra for the damage.  He locked up the truck and inferred he would drive off.  I paid him $200 as it was all I had.

3.  The unloading process was a disaster.  All boxes were literally dumped in a pile in the living room.  When that was full and over 5 feet high, I demanded they stop piling boxes and put the remainder in a bedroom.  Boxes were dropped, split open and crushed.

4.  I am a senior on a limited income and small in build.  I was intimidated and felt threatened as did my friend who was witness to all of this.

5.  I discovered today, after a lengthy illness that the claim I began in December with CSI was closed in Feb as the moving company fired them.  Talk about adding insult to injury!  What do consumers do now???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Cross-Country-Inc/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07306/Moving-Cross-Country-Inc-Lost-damaged-goods-extortion-and-intimidation-now-not-answeri-1138671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving Cross Country Inc