Complaint Review: Movingcost, Inc. Aka Nationwide Relocation Services

• Submitted: Wed, June 29, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 29, 2005

• Reported By:Mena Arkansas
Movingcost, Inc. Aka Nationwide Relocation Services
1700 NW 64th Street Suite 400 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Movingcost, Inc. Aka Nationwide Relocation Services ripoff, con-artists stole my bike, damaged all my furniture, lost parts to my baby's crib, were late picking up and dropping off, blame everyone else, promise compensation but haven't followed through Fort Lauderdale Florida

This company, Movingcost, Inc., also known as Nationwide Relocation Services was hired on 3/21/05 by my husband and I to move our belongings from Coral Springs, FL to Mena, AR. We usually move ourselves, but with a baby on the way, we wanted to leave the stress of moving to the professionals - what a joke. I only wish, wish, wish we would have moved ourselves....

Chuck, the "senior moving consultant" scheduled our move to be either on the 28th or the 29th of April. The company wanted a two day margin in case on rain, etc. Chuck said the latest our belongings could be dropped off would be May 12, but most likely would arrive around the 1st or 2nd of May.

My first complaint with the company came when they didn't pick our things up until May 2nd. The dispatcher working our case, Judy, was not only rude, but also made absurd solutions to their mistake such as rearranging our flight plans(remember the 3 week old baby - and my husband had already flown on 2 wks ahead to start his job so our little girl would have insurance when we got to our new home), asking a friend to come and let them in (which we planned), or leaving the key under the doormat so that they could get in when they got around to us. Judy was very unsympathetic about the fact we had such a young baby and even laughed at me when I was literally crying to her on the phone begging her to please get a truck here so that my baby and I could get home to be with my husband who had not seen his firstborn daughter in 2 weeks. She told my husband that maybe he would like her to drive the truck over to our apartment and load our things up herself. At that point, I would have been glad to see anyone, even her sorry self.

So, we arranged for a friend to come and let the movers in on Sat., April 30th. Needless to say, they never showed up. They said they didn't have enough movers for a 3rd floor move and said they were unaware it was on the 3rd floor, even though I had been checking and double checking with Chuck to make sure they knew I was on the 3rd floor because he said there was no charge for the first 2 flights (2 flights to the 3rd floor and therefore no extra charge). In the meantime they tried to hire our friend to move our things for $10.00/hour. But he couldn't be there either when the actually showed up on Monday, the 2nd, so he had to leave the key under the doormat.

My second complaint came around May 12th when they still had not dropped our things off. We did not actually get our belongings until May 23rd, almost a month later. We were very much put out financailly by their lateness. We were paying rent on a house that we could not move into for a month, eating out 2-3 times a day, and Lord knows we would be so poor, we'd be living on the streets if we had to pay for hotel costs. Luckily, we had family to stay with. But, they didn't know that and never actually asked - I don't think they really cared.

My third complaint is that during this whole ordeal, this company has put the blame off on another company, Soraghan Moving and Storage, who they hired without my knowing to the job. I hired Movingcost (Nationwide) because of their good standing with the better business bureau while they turn around and hire a company with an unsatisfactory standing to move my things(which I found out about 2 days before the move - too late to get someone else), so then Movingcost should then bear the burden (my refund) of Soraghan's bad business.

Not only did they deliver our things almost a month late, but when we finally received our belongings, nearly every piece of furniture was damaged in some way, so now we are having to spend additional time filling out paperwork for the insurance. My brand new solid cherry wood coffee table has scratches all the way across the top a quarter inch deep. My baby's solid cherry wood crib is not only scratched and has a chunk missing off of one of the legs, but some of the hardware to put it back together is missing and has never been found, so the crib is now useless. Our entertainment center looked like it was dropped off the 3rd floor and actually arrived in about 15 pieces. I'm not even sure why they bothered to put the pieces on the truck because it was obviously beyond repair - I guess so our load would weigh as much as possible since they were getting paid by the pound.

In addition to our damaged property, some of our things never even showed up, a mountain bike, some of my husband's expensive fishing equipment. We assume that these things were stolen by the movers since we couldn't be there when they picked us up. Or maybe it just got separated from our other stuff when they were moving it around during that month. In fact, there's no telling where all our stuff has been. The couch looked like a hairy brown dog or rat was sleeping on it and we don't have a dog.

We want our money back for all the inconvenience, stress, and financial hardship this company has caused us. And if you ever decide to hire a moving company to move your things, take my advice - MOVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

Amanda
Mena, Arkansas

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Nationwide Relocation Services

Click here to read other Rip Off Report list of other Moving Companies

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on National Moving Network and other various transport companies ripping off the consumer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2005 12:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movingcost-Inc-Aka-Nationwide-Relocation-Services/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/Movingcost-Inc-Aka-Nationwide-Relocation-Services-ripoff-con-artists-stole-my-bike-dam-147880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movingcost, Inc. Aka Nationwide Relocation Services

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC