Complaint Review: movinghelp.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 04, 2010

• Reported By: vmovinghelp.comis arfish — Acton California U.S.A.
movinghelp.com
2727 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

movinghelp.com U-Haul International, Inc. Movinghelp.com no-refund on cancellation policy Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Master Mechanic Jim here

*Consumer Comment: U-HAUL = INCOMPETENT

Do not use movinghelp.com to find your mover as they do not take any responsibility for anything except taking your money!! You are better off doing your own search.

movinghelp.com is a subsidiary of U-Haul altho' they tell you that they are a separate company. (Sam Shoen and U-Haul are listed in WHOIS as owning the domain name.) They basically are a clearing house for moving help, they do not check on the movers listed but rely on customer reviews only. They take no responsibility for anything except taking your money.

On September 18 2010, I used movinghelp.com website to find labor to load a truck. They make you pay for the services up front before you get a chance to talk to the mover directly. After processing my card, I got the phone number and checked in with the mover. He told me that he did not service my zip code altho he is listed on movinghelp.com in that zip code. He then made sure that movinghelp.com updated his records so he didn't get referrals in my zip code. I appreciated his honesty.

When I then called back in to cancel my order, the gentleman who cancelled my order told me I'd get a full refund within 36 hours. When I looked at my account online 36 hours later, I found that I was not given a full refund but they held back $5.95. When I protested, customer service at movinghelp.com told me I had to review the completed job in order to get the $5.95. As there was no services rendered and I was told I would get a full refund, I continued to ask for the $5.95 back.

My issue is with movinghelp.com itself. Apparently no one in customer service is empowered to deal with this issue beyond what is in the script. When I asked to speak to some one empowered to deal with this issue, their answers were: 1. no supervisor in the office at this time and they didn't know when the supervisor would be in the office, 2. supervisor on the phone and they'd call me back. It's been two days -I'm still waiting 3. there is no president of the company, we're internet based (?!?). There's only a supervisor Richelle and one level above the supervisor David Valderrama 4. supervisor Richelle told me that's their policy and there's no way to get around it.

So the only way to get my $5.95 back is to review nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2010 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/movinghelpcom/Phoenix-Arizona-85004/movinghelpcom-U-Haul-International-Inc-Movinghelpcom-no-refund-on-cancellation-policy-645616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on movinghelp.com

#1 General Comment

Master Mechanic Jim here

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

The last time I tried to rent a U-Haul trailer was three years ago, moving from Mobile to Montgomery, I was vehemently denied ANY rental Because "My bumper was heavily Damaged" (it has a small crease that was in the bumper when I bought the truck) this is a COSMETIC crease and does NOT make the bumper "Unsafe and likely to come off" (U-Haul's words) it'strange but when the last Hurricane hit Mobile, they had no problem renting me a Car Carrier that went on the exact same bumper?

But this time I was driving an Unsafe Truck? (NOTHING I DRIVE IS UNSAFE)

Yes they DID try hard to sell and install a new heavy duty bumper, sorry NO SALE.

So they lost out by being greedy.

U-HAUL = INCOMPETENT

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

U-HAUL is becoming synonymous with Incompetence. Their business systems are not in synch and seem to be intentionally disconnected just to ensure customers pay more in fee's than U-HAUL is entitled. In my situation, they continually denied my business even after they accepted my reservation, gave me a date I could pick up the truck and even scheduled movers to come the day of my move. They are THE WORST large company I have ever dealt with. And watch out for their public relations lady. She scans this board, cherry picking cases she think she can solve with little/no effort. U-HAULS reputation sucks!