Complaint Review: MPC Computers

• Updated: Tue, September 22, 2009

• Reported By: flamingoland — Rhode Island USA
MPC Computers
Nampa, Idaho United States of America

MPC Computers Micron Computers, Gateway Computers Extended Warranty not honored Nampa, Idaho

I had a computer custom built (my 5th over 12 years) by Micron/MPC Corp computers in February 2008 and paid for extra upgrades, as well as a 3 year warranty.  In May of 2009, the nVidia graphics card stopped working (there is a lower end one on the motherboard).  MPC is now bankrupt. nVidia kept passing me back to Palit, who apparently actually makes the video card.  They did this for 3 months.

In August of 2009, the computer totally stopped working.  I have it running now and I believe it is the motherboard (it's okay as long as I don't shut it off again).  I found a forum online with a phone number for MPC support and called it.  They asked for my documentation and my actual warranty, all of which I had.  They called me back and said though they are honoring some of the warranties, mine was not one of them.

I now have an rough estimate of over $300 to fix it, I'm only a year or so into my 3 year warranty that I paid extra for.  I contacted the Attorney General's consumer office in Idaho, who said now that they are bankrupt, there is nothing they can do.  I did sign up for the class action lawsuit, but that was before the computer stopped working.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2009 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MPC-Computers/Nampa-Idaho-/MPC-Computers-Micron-Computers-Gateway-Computers-Extended-Warranty-not-honored-Nampa-Ida-498588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MPC Computers