boating

• Reported By: tedrcote — Long Beach California
Mr. C's Towing
10821 Bloomfield Street Unit C Los Alamitos, Select State/Province USA

Mr. C's Towing Predatory Towing Los Alamitos California

Mr. C's Towing practices what is called "Predatory Towing". They illegally towed my vehicle from a commercial parking lot. My daughter parked in a commercial parking lot on the morning of 5/18/13. Her car was towed by this company. Upon learning of the tow, we looked for evidence of no parking signs. We found one that was more than 50% obscured by a tree. I proceeded to take a digital picture of the obscured sign. I went to the tow yard where the car was stored and asked to speak with a manager. They told me the manager had left.

I showed the representative the picture of the obscured sign and she said that maintaining the sign was not their responsibility. I then asked for the name of the property owner. She said she did not have that information. Instead she gave me the phone number of a security company that she said requested the tow. I left a message with that company and have received no returned call. That company is called KMA Security 714 538-1001. I was told that the tow fee was $155 and I would have to pay that amount to have the car released.

Later, I discovered that they had actually charged my credit card $272.00. I have disputed the charge with my bank. I was told by a person named Ricky that he could give the property owner's number if I called him another day. I believe that this company is practicing "Predatory Towing" and is in cahoots with security people employed by them. They extort money from you by confiscating your car and holding it until they are paid. The company does not provide information on how to file a complaint or do they claim to have any discretion to waive or discount fees. I was told that the city requires them to charge what they charge and that they have no discretion whatsoever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Cs-Towing/Los-Alamitos-Select-StateProvince-90802/Mr-Cs-Towing-Predatory-Towing-Los-Alamitos-California-1051946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. C's Towing