Complaint Review: Mr. C's Towing

• Reported By: Alfredo — Los Angeles California
Mr. C's Towing
2301 N. Humboldt Street #340 Los Angeles, California USA

Mr. C's Towing ILLEGAL TOW AND STOLEN VEHICLE Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: response

*Consumer Comment: Parking space?

*General Comment: Unfortunate...

GOT BACK HOME AT 3:OOAM FROM MY JOB I PARK MY CAR IN THE UNDERGROUND PARKING OF MY ADDRESS AS I PARK NORMALLY, WHEN I CAME BACK AT 4:50AM TO GO TO MY OTHER JOB MY CAR WASN'T THERE ANYMORE FIRST THING THAT CAME TO MY MIND WAS SOMEONE STOLEN MY CAR, I CALLED POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE A STOLEN VEHICLE REPORT AT 4:55AM, THEN I HAVE TO CALL MY FRIEND TO PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME TO POLICE STATION I CALLED TOW MR. C'S TOW COMPANY AT 5:07 AM AND PERSON WHO ANSWER THE PHONE SAY THEY HAVE MY CAR AND IT WILL BE $60.DLLS RIGHT NOW TO RELEASE MY CAR I SAY THANK YOU AND I WILL BE THERE AT THEIR YARD, POLICE DEPARTMENT CALLED ME AT MY MOBILE NUMBER AND THE OFFICER ASK ME ADITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT MY CAR THEN I TOLD THE OFFICER THAT THE CAR WAS TOWED THE OFFICER ASK ME BY WHO BECAUSE THEY WASN'T BEEN INFORMED? AND I GAVE HIM THE PHONE NUMBER FROM MR. C'S TOWING.

I WENT TO RESCUE MY CAR FROM THE DIRTY HANDS OF MR. [continued below]....

..... C'S TOWING AND THE CASHIER SAY IT WILL BE 206 DLLS I ASK WHY IS THAT MUCH? HE REPLY BECAUSE IS THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES I JUST HANDED MY CREDIT CARD AND HE PASS ME A RECEIPT AND WANT ME TO SIGN, I TOLD THE CASHIER I WILL NOT SING THE RECEIPT UNTIL I SEE MY CAR THEY ASK ME FOR MY KEY AND I GAVE IT TO HIM THEY PULL MY CAR OUTSIDE OF THE YARD AND I PROCEED TO TAKE VIDEO OUTSIDE AND INSIDE THEN I WROTE ON RECEIPT (SIGNED UNDER PROTEST ) AND SIGNED RECEIPT.

I CAME DIRECTLY TO OFFICE OF MY COMMUNITTY DIRECTOR INQUIRING ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND HE SAY HE WASN'T BEEN INFORMED BY THE TOW COMPANY ABOUT THIS AND HE DID NOT AUTHORIZED THIS, HE PICK UP HE PHONE AND CALLED TO TOW COMPANY AND HE TOLD TO THE PERSON WHO ANSWER THE PHONE THAT HE DID NOT AUTHORIZED MY RESIDENT CAR TO BE TOW, AND HOW DO THEY GOT INSIDE? WHO CALLED YOU? ALSO ON THE RECEIPT STATING THAT CAR WAS PARKED ON FIRE LANE? MANAGUER WAS VERY UPSET BECAUSE HE STILL ASKING THEM HOW THEY GET IN THEY DON'T HAVE MAIN GATE CODE TO ACCESS BUILDING AND FOR THE SECOND GATE UNDERGROUND, I AM SEEKING FOR LEGAL ADVICE BECAUSE I WANT TO PUT CHARGES OF VEHICLE STOLEN AND HOPE MY MANAGUER FILE A COMPLAINT FOR TRESPASSING PRIVATE PROPERTY ARE THIS PEOPLE DO THEY REALLY THINK THEY ARE COPS? HERE IS SOME PHOTOS AND CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE IS THE FIRE LANE THAT MR. C'S STATING ON HIS PRIVATE IMPOUND DOCUMENTATION FORM?

DRIVER JP

TRUCK # 12

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2013 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Cs-Towing/Los-Angeles-California-90031/Mr-Cs-Towing-ILLEGAL-TOW-AND-STOLEN-VEHICLE-Los-Angeles-California-1098427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. C's Towing

response

AUTHOR: Alfredo - ()

Understandable the question here is are tow companies are entiled to do police work?

how he get inside and who called them when the comunitty director stating over the phone and in my presence that if any car is tow he needs to be called at any time for his approval, also if this was the deal with the community director who aproved the tow? MR. C's towing trespassing private property are this is legal too? tow company driver cross two gates and went inside underground garage and tow vehicle without comunitty directors approval is this is ok? i don't think so.

Mr. C's Tow fail to inform the local police station before remove the vehicle they did 1 hour later. my vehicle wasn't blocking street, driveway ect,ect.

but the question still on a private property are they are entiled to do police work?

Parking space?

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

It doesn't really look to me like you were in a marked parking space.  You were just parked in a traffic lane - I don't know if it's also a fire lane but it sure looks to me like you should be towed.

#3 General Comment

Unfortunate...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

This is a unfortunate event in your life. What makes this even worse for you is that SOMEONE that YOU know did this. Its the only logical answer. If they, the tow company, doesnt have a contract with your building then the only way they could have gotten in is SOMEONE let them in. SOMEONE also pointed out your car and told them to tow it. I would be looking at ppl you may have upset recently. This really sounds like someone knew enough about your life to know exactly when to mess with you. As there is no Towcompany/client privilage, you SHOULD be able to get a name from the tow company. If it is found out that they just towed it JUST BECAUSE, then you will have a criminal complaint. But Im sure the police probably already discussed this with you.