Complaint Review: Mr Lube

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Tony — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Mr Lube
2850 Arbutus Street Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Mr Lube Over Sold me crap that I did not need Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I went in today, because my car really needed an oil change.  The guy at the lot looked at me and could tell that I was a "sucker"  and did not know about cars.  Anyhow,  the clown had told me that I need this and that for my car and they needed to be done right away.  I said "fine"  ans I trusted them since they have a big name.   He sold me.

Radiator Service Spec  $139.99

Air Filter  $38.99

Fuel System Cleaner  $109.99

Total amount of crap that I did not need  =  around  $290

Anyhow,  when I came home,  my parents and cousin who know more about cars,  have told me I had been cheated badly and had been had.

The mechanic or whatever you call them showed me a blackened air filter and told me it was bad,  but my cousin who used to work as a mechanic told me it is supposed to be blackened,  as even clean oil is dirty,  and I they needed to tell me that it was possible foer it to be cleaned rather than replaced. [continued below]....

The radiator service and the fuel system cleaner that they added was told by my family that it never needed to be replaced and they just wanted to cheat me,  and that I should had just added the oil.

My cousin also told me that should these things needed replacement,  that it should had been done in a span of time and not right away.  I had been had.

Never again to this place.   Sure,  they have alot of customers in line and are not crying for my business,  but it will be the last time I ever go to a Mr. Lube and hopefully at least a few people see this and never go there again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Lube/Vancouver-British-Columbia-/Mr-Lube-Over-Sold-me-crap-that-I-did-not-need-Vancouver-British-Columbia-Canada-988330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Lube