Complaint Review: Mr. Patrick Franchinard

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Shannon — West Hollywood California
Mr. Patrick Franchinard
11 Rue De Navarre Paris, Other France

Mr. Patrick Franchinard Ms. Marie Christine Franchinard Screws American Tenant for $2K+ Paris France

I rented an apartment from the Franchinards for 6 months from Oct. 2012 until April 2013. To secure the place I had to put down a 3400 Euros (~$4500 USD) security deposit.

At the end of the lease, and after I returned to the US, I received a check from the Franchinards for 1857 Euros (~$2500 USD). They charged me over 1500 Euros ($2,000+ USDs) for work they did to the apartment. They did this after I left the country and without first informing me of problems.

Specifically, they charged me:

1. €1177 to re-paint the apartment

2. €250 to clean the apartment

3. €100 for new laundry

I wasn't present during final inspection but my "agent" was and she said the Franchinards said one wall would need to be painted (I don't know which). I'm fine with this but paying €1177 to paint one wall is ludacris.  What's more, they charged me for new sheets and towels when the ones that were given to me weren't new. And they charged me to clean an apartment that I had cleaned before leaving.

I no longer live in France and the Franchinards know this which is why I suspect they cheated me out of my security deposit. As an aside, I own a home in Nevada and rent it for income. I would never do this to my tenant which probably speaks to the fact she's been renting from me for 3+ years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Patrick-Franchinard-/Paris-Other-75005/Mr-Patrick-Franchinard-Ms-Marie-Christine-Franchinard-Screws-American-Tenant-for-2K-1069125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Patrick Franchinard