Complaint Review: Mrs. Victoria Dozier and Family

• Updated: Sat, May 25, 2013

• Reported By: 529 Irquois Avenue — Battle Creek Michigan
Mrs. Victoria Dozier and Family
108 Morgan Avenue Battle Creek MI 49037 Battle Creek, Michigan USA

Mrs. Victoria Dozier and Family This Family Wants Professional Care For Their Mother At A Dollar StoreRate. Battle Creek Michigan

I was one of many local Battle Creek MI Home Health Aides who responded to an ad posted on the local Craigslist of Battle Creek MI. The Ad title read "Caregiver Needed Immediately" so I needing a job in the area responded to it. I soon found out the nightmare that I was getting my self into by only getting paid 3.75 an hour to take care of this elderly woman who lived alone with a dog. It was not explained to me that there was a dog I was responsible to care for as well as this elderly woman. I had to bathe her, toliet her, prepare her special diet meals every two hours, do laundry, clean the house, check the back room where the other workers would sleep at night as well as complete a series of excerises that were to be done at least two to three times a day. Not to mention get her phone for her or answer her phone for her and dial numbers for her as well. I cannot believe that she(Elder Dozier) and her family expect all of this plus using my own car and gas to run errands for her and when I did she( Elder Dozier) would yell at me for getting the wrong stuff or for forgetting something while at the store, when I got everything she asked me too plus brought her change and a reciept. All of this was uncalled for as it only paid me a total of 3.75 an hour resulting in a total of 30.00 a day. When I was told I would be paid more then this an hour at the rate of 10.00 an hour. This was another thing not explained to me until I kept askig the Elder Dozier what it was I was making. Elder Dozier and her family never once thanked me for trying my best with their mother, or for being the only care giver it seemed to go out of my way to ensure that their expectations were met on a daily basis. The Elder Dozier would complain about other care givers to me as well everything I did that she thought I was not doing right. I found out on my first day of working for this elderly woman that she had already been through at least six other local caregivers and the complaints just kept rolling in from there. I did my absolute best as I am a certified Nurses Aide through the State Of Michigan. I have been trained on all the rules and regulations and have worked for my own family and always do my best to ensure quality care of others and their family members as well. I have documented all that I completed on the few days I worked for this woman and her family as well as reported this scam to Craigslist of Battle Creek MI. I have also learned in this situation that I am one of many who cared for this woman who is awaiting payment still for the time I have worked and yet to recieve it. I have contacted both the family and Elder Dozier in reguards to my 60.00 dollars plus that is owed to me and they want me to come and get the money personally from Elder Doziers home, Which I have been warned will only result in a confrontation and that things will only escalate from there. This has been enough of a headache and night mare for me as it is, I don't want to be a part of a scene and jump through hoops to get my money. This is to warn others to stay away nothing you do for this woman or her dog or her family will be right. You will not be paid for your time of service to this woman and the whole porduction is a huge farce.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2013 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mrs-Victoria-Dozier-and-Family/Battle-Creek-Michigan-49037/Mrs-Victoria-Dozier-and-Family-This-Family-Wants-Professional-Care-For-Their-Mother-At-1053862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mrs. Victoria Dozier and Family