Complaint Review: msebastian

• Reported By: msebastian — henderson Nevada
msebastian
Internet USA

msebastian US FED GRANT DEPT - WHO ARE THEY HIRING NOW ADAYS? WASHING DC

I rec"d a phone call this morning named David who had a very heavy Indian accent who said I had been chosen for a $7,000 grant due to a survey that had been done in my area of 1,700 people who had paid their taxes, no criminal record and no bankruptcies.  The monies did not need to be paid back, it would not be taxable nor would there be any fees accured with it.  I had two ways to receive it by, my bank acct info or money gram, being from the bank industry myself and flags were already flying no way was I giving my bank acct info to no foreigner by phone who called me.  So I played his game and said I would chose by money gram, David then gave me my confirmation # and said I needed to call his senior acct mgr back to confirm my choice and gave me an area code 202 # and I said "this isn't a scam is it, because this is a long distant # and I have to pay for it!" he said "ma'am no this is goverment money available as a lifeline grant" so I thought ok I'll do it.  So I did and I called and asked for Steven King his senior acct mgr who also had a heavy Indian accent, explained that he also did not want any of my bank info since I had chosen the money gram choice of receipt, but I would have to pay money gram $290.00 for 5 minutes for wire transfer fees but that the $290. would be refunded to me with the $7,000. I explained to Mr Steven King that I did not have the $290. today and if he could take it out of the $7,000 he said that no he could not as the monies had to be complete on his paperwork as the total of $7,000 and no less than that.  He then asked when I would have it I said I would on friday he said to call him back then and we could still process this claim.  I went straight to the computer and googled US FED GRANT SCAMS and this site came up.....THANK GOODNESS FOR RIPOFF REPORTS !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/msebastian/internet/msebastian-US-FED-GRANT-DEPT-WHO-ARE-THEY-HIRING-NOW-ADAYS-WASHING-DC-1052611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on msebastian