- Report: #1074228
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MSI (Micro Star International)
MSI (Micro Star International)901 Canada Court City of Industry, California USA
MSI (Micro Star International) Poor quality, failure to stand behind their product City of Industry California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I own a motherboard made by MSI. Recently, I decided to upgrade the CPU in it. I first checked their published documentation to confirm that the replacement CPU was supported, spent money to purchase the new CPU, and then, following instructions, performed the replacement. The computer stopped working.
I contacted MSI, and was put through hoops several times, removing and replacing CPUs, checking versions of firmware and performing other procedures as directed, but nothing helped.
Their support people agreed that the board was defective. I asked for a replacement, and only then was I asked for a serial number, and declined for an expired warranty.
I have several issues with this:
1) Their support should absolutely have asked for the serial number (which determines the warranty) first, and advised me of my options.
2) I was advised that their warranty period begins from date of manufacture. Not only is it true that no other company begins a warranty period from anything other than the purchase date, but there is no way to know from physical inspection what that date is. Again, no one would even think of asking for that information, and it is not available anywhere on the product.
3) The board was clearly defective from the beginning, although I had no way to know that. No one purchases a motherboard and tries out every feature, which would require purchasing all kinds of hardware to do.
4) I have not owned the board for close to three years, which is the warranty period.
I find it very troubling that a company the size of MSI could not find a way to work with me on a faulty item of theirs. It shows a refusal to own defects in their products.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MSI-Micro-Star-International/City-of-Industry-California-91748/MSI-Micro-Star-International-Poor-quality-failure-to-stand-behind-their-product-City-o-1074228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.