Complaint Review: M&T Bank

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

M&T Bank Outrageous fees deceptive marketing Amherst New York

*General Comment: A suggestion for getting the statements...

Since January 2013 M&T Bank hascharged me in excess of $500 in service fees.  I had a over draft linnoticed to the account. However my business slowed down, and I asked that the overdraft account be removed,  the auto pay portion. 6 different people told me this was not possible, however the 7th sent me the form, and explained it is possible to reverse the auto pay, which kept resulting in $45 service charges.

Then I was told that the service charges are a month behind.  I am not working, and am unemployed at the moment however the bank continues to charge me $45 a month in service fees.  I tried to close the account and as denied in doing so.  As soon as I deposit any money into the account the bank seizes it.  For the month of Jan 14 I had a positive balance of $14.  However on feb 10th they charged me another $45 service charge and am now in the hole.  In January they hit me with two $45 fees evffectively wiping out the little money I put into the acct.

The bank has been unwilling to work with me, and has used threats against me.  They charge me $45 then call me non stop to put money in the account to make the balance positive, as soon as I do, I get hit with another $45 service charge

I requested a copy of the past years statements from the bank, and was told it would cost me $180 to get a copy of my statements.  When I asked for a yearly breakdown of the service charges that have been charged to my business bank account, I was told that information is not available.

I have been repeatedly lied too and deceived.  Not to mention they continue to steal money from me and will not allow me to close my bank account..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MT-Bank/Amherst-New-York-14221/MampT-Bank-Outrageous-fees-deceptive-marketing-Amherst-New-York-1124827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on M&T Bank

#1 General Comment

A suggestion for getting the statements...

AUTHOR: Striderq - ()

I've never been a customer of M&T, but this should work. Go online and signup for online banking and electronic statements. This should allow you to see and print at least the last year's statements, maybe more. Hope this helps.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC