Complaint Review: MTC TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL, HAZELWOOD, MO.

• Submitted: Wed, August 18, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2010

• Reported By: Joel — Eldorado Illinois United States of America
MTC TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL, HAZELWOOD, MO.
11842 Missouri Bottom Rd Hazelwood, Missouri United States of America

MTC TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL, HAZELWOOD, MO. What a Horrific Disaster Hazelwood, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: MTC Was Fun For Me

From the very beginning of my stay with MTC was horrific.  I was there 6 1/2 weeks.  They had one person trying to teach a class of 50 students their parking maneuvers and I just about had to teach myself.
  I was told that no matter how long it took for me to get my CDL, I would only have to pay $2080.00. And upon returning home there sat a bill for me from Partner's Financial for nearly $7000.00(which upon reading other reports on this site MTC/Partner's Financial is one in the same).
 The living conditions in the dorm were horrible..beds were made of wood and metal pipes or cots, the food was either sandwiches, 2 slices of pizza, or McDonald's, occasionally we got chicken, but not much of it.
 I do have to say the instructors were nice, but the employees in the offices were a crooked bunch.
Because of this school(if you want to call it that) it has ruined my credit.  So now i have to fight to get this taken care of so that I may clean up my credit.
If anyone is looking to do a class-action lawsuit count me in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2010 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MTC-TRUCK-DRIVING-SCHOOL-HAZELWOOD-MO/Hazelwood-Missouri-63042/MTC-TRUCK-DRIVING-SCHOOL-HAZELWOOD-MO-What-a-Horrific-Disaster-Hazelwood-Missouri-632912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MTC TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL, HAZELWOOD, MO.

MTC Was Fun For Me

AUTHOR: D.Ooten - (United States of America)

I graduated from MTC around fall of 2002 and was sent to Tontitown to get trained by PAM Transport. MTC was not bad at all, The motel was just like any other chain motel. My fellow roommate and other students were nice, about the food, well it was ok, but it was cooked by this guy over a hotplate in a shed out back, he did a good job with what he had. the teacher seemed friendly, but after driving for pam for a few months, I had to make a run thru st.louis and had a layover there, so I parked for the night at the school and snuck into the classroom in the morning and sat in class and the teacher didn't even recognize me, I started laughing and said, Dam don't you remember me, he seemed kind of aloof and really didn't talk much, it appeared he really didn't seem to care one way or another if I was there. you think, he would have used that moment to have me share road stories with the class, but I think thats what he really didnt want to happen. over-all I thought going to MTC was a FUN experience, I did get my CDL and I drove for "Pam Transport" for 6 months, I got along with my "Pam Transport Co-driver while I was in Pam training, SHOUT OUT to "Willard" I think that was his name, from Toledo. Well after 6 months and running for Pam all along the eastern U.S. and Ontario and Quebec, I had ENOUGH. PAM would never give me a day off. I LOVED, LET ME REPEAT! I FRIGGIN LOved Driving Truck, But before working for Pam I was a Union auto worker for 11 years and got very used to a 40 hour week and weekends off. I was with Pam for 6 months and only had 3 days off in that entire time. Of course I had numerous layovers and spent thanksgiving sitting at Iowa 80 truck stop, but only had 3 days were I actually could get away from the truck, I SNAPPED, left there truck sitting in Philadelphia and went home to Ohio, worked in a warehouse for 1 year, then moved to Arizona, where with my CDL, I got to drive again for 4 Years, left that job, because it was local/in state only and didn't pay enough, now Im working in a factory, Same factory I drove truck for for 4 years, But I miss the road. this was my story! Drivers were right, Trucking is NOT a JOB it is A Lifestyle, because your job will become like 90% of your life. forget kids, forget families, you will be married to your job and your truck. That's the truth of the profession, MTC is what it is, it delivers the goods it promises, it's those Low life dispatchers and un-feeling trucking companies, that will wear you out and toss you to the side of the road. I would love to drive again, if it was possible to recieve a decent paycheck and have a decent amount of time away from the truck. like maybe one day a week or a 2 day weekend once every other week. But future drivers, Don't EXPECT IT! Good Luck, if you can handle that lifestyle, More Power to you. Much RESPECT to all the truckers out there, America would shut down without you.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC