Complaint Review: mugshots.com

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: leyba tribe — Santa Fe New Mexico United States of America
mugshots.com
Pompano Beach, Florida United States of America

mugshots.com lookwhogotbusted.com defamation of character Pompano Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Not quite.

My case was dismissed, however, my photo remains on the mugshots.com website. I called to let them know that the case was dismissed and see about removing my photo from the google search.

They said, yes we can remove your photo how would you like to pay for that? I asked why we have to pay if our case was dismissed. They began to read their policy to me and tell me it will cost $399.00 to remove the photo.

I asked the guy, Jae, why people have to pay if they were not guilty or if their case was dismissed and he began to read to me again. I asked him to please talk to me and not read to me. He got very upset that I said he was reading and hung up on me and then blocked my #.

This is wrong what they are doing to people and it needs to be stopped. I have read so many complaints from people suffering from the mugshots websites. Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mugshotscom/Pompano-Beach-Florida-/mugshotscom-lookwhogotbustedcom-defamation-of-character-Pompano-Beach-Florida-1024525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mugshots.com

Not quite.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Defamation of character is when someone is telling lies about you.   In this case, the website is saying that you were arrested, which happens to be the truth.  It is also a pulblic record.   If they were saying that you were found guilty of something, that would be another story.

If I were you, I would not pay these people.   Since your arrest is public record, it can be published by any website.    If you pay these people today, there is nothing preventing another website to post your mugshot tomorrow.