Complaint Review: mugshotsworld.com

• Reported By: Elger — Brooklyn New York
mugshotsworld.com
Internet USA

mugshotsworld.com EXTORTION, THEFT, FRAUD, DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER... Internet

Dear readers, I was arrested, booked in NJ Essex County, and subsequently released for a minor civil immigration violation, that was immediately resolved. My arrest picture ended up 'somehow' with a company called mugshots.world.com. Most likely courtesy of the corrupt officials at Essex County Jail. I wonder how much they make for selling their daily list of arrests. : / Any way mugshotworld.com publicized my pic on their site all over the internet. When I found out they told me that for a fee $69.99, they will remove it from their site and Google search engines and they will even expedite it within 24 hours. I COMPLIED, I just wanted the crap over with.

GUESS WHAT, to this day six months later, my arrest pic is still there. MORE, they're asking for more money (when I finally was able to get someone on a phone) and now they are selling my arrest picture to even more similar sites so they can extort more money from me. My professional and social life has literarily been highjacked and ruined by these crooks, -even my family suffers- because someone will be doing a search on the internet, seeing my photo and assume the worse.

At this writing mugshotsworld.com have refused to comply, stole my money, my identity and pretty much ruining my life. I am a private citizen, not a notorious criminal, or a super star living in the media. I did not and I am not giving permission to anyone to take my picture and sell it, and certainly not back to me. So be aware of these jerks, I am looking to file against them in Federal Court. If anyone out there has the same problem with them, you are encouraged to contact me. Or if someone has filed I would like to be added to the list of complainants. This is not about money, I don't want any. I just want them in front of a judge and out off business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mugshotsworldcom/internet/mugshotsworldcomnbspEXTORTION-THEFT-FRAUD-DEFAMATION-OF-CHARACTER-Internetnbsp-1057075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mugshotsworld.com