Complaint Review: Munro

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: ron o — wilmington Ohio
1420 Rombach Ave. wilmington, Ohio USA

Munro Brake job wilmington Ohio

In august of 2011 I took my truck to munro to have a brake job done. they charged me $620 for four rotors and pads, labor and taxes, which I thought was alot but I had it done anyway. According to the manager the pads were warranted for life but the rotors for only one year. At the end of 2013 I started noticing noise in the rear brakes and took it to the same Munro shop and asked the manager about the job and the warranty. He indicated the warranty had run out and did not even offer to look at the brakes.

I then took the truck to a mechanic I have since found in Midland (who is very competent and so glad to have). He put the truck on the rack and pulled the wheels off the back. On the left rear the mechanic showed me that the bolts were out about 1 inch on the inside caliper, and the inside pad had fallen out completely. Which meant the caliper piston was pushing on the rotor(ruined). To bring this to an end quickly he replaced the calipers, rotors and pads on both rear brakes. I would not trust munro to check the air in my tires, and will never return to that store ever again. And would suggest no one does.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 02:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Munro/wilmington-Ohio-45177/Munro-Brake-job-wilmington-Ohio-1121649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Munro