Complaint Review: Mutual Financial Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, October 28, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Cindy — Gadsden Alabama
Mutual Financial Inc.
305 Main Street Los Angeles, California USA

Mutual Financial Inc. Received a check for $3150.00 and a letter confirming I was the 2nd prize winner in a sweepstakes. Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: mutual financial fraud

I received what looks like a real check for $3150.00 to be used to pay Mutual Financial Inc. for processing a $250,000.00 2nd prize I had won in a sweepstakes I did not remember entering. I was instrusted to call a claims agent named Mike Barnwa at 1-877-753-6390 for him to process the claim and activate the check. Before doing this I researched the company on line and found the Ripoff Report, and did not find the company. I would like to take action on this, but so far all they have done is make me an offer I will refuse. I have the letter and check if copies are needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-Financial-Inc/Los-Angeles-California-90014/Mutual-Financial-Inc-Received-a-check-for-315000-and-a-letter-confirming-I-was-the-2nd-1095124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual Financial Inc.

mutual financial fraud

AUTHOR: Kriss - ()

I also received the same letter and check . called the claims agent and he gave me a hard time! he wanted me to deposit check and then would give info . I declined and would like to know if anybody has been taken by this scam yet ? thanks  Kriss