Complaint Review: Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company

• Updated: Mon, March 15, 2010

• Reported By: Confused — Pinson Alabama United States of America
Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company
12115 Lackland Road St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company Unitrin Company Paying for a Family Cancer and Dread Disease Policy for 34 years and worth only 1,000. St. Louis, Missouri

I am confused!!! My mother who is 80 years old have been paying on a cancer and dread disease insurance policy for 34 years which is only worth $1,000.  Let's do the math: This policy costs $9.71 per month or 116.52 a year. Now for 34 years she have paid a grand total of $3,961.68.  She could live another 10-15 years and would continue to pay the monthly premium and at the time of death (cancer related) she would only get $1,000!!!!.  Today, I talked to an agent (Willie Arnold?)at the Mutual Savings Life Insurance in Demopolis, AL 1-877-251-9458. Mr Arnold is the supervisor of the Field Agent (Fred Staton) in Panola, AL.  He (Mr Arnold) was not able to tell me what the policy covers. I assumed, with vast array of computer technology, he should be able to assess my mother's policy almost instantly.  Mr Arnold told me that my mother would have to bring the policy in to the Demopolis office for a review to her policy benefits. My mother is 80 years old and do not drive and never had a driver licensed!!!!.  Mr Arnold referred me to the main office at 1-800-777-8467. I waited on terminal hold on two occassions.
 I don't know but his smells of a good Ponzi scheme!!! I also think that this is a case in which the company is taking advantage of the elderly, under-served and uneducated, population (African American) the deep south.  Have any one ever hard talk of this company? Is this type of practice common practice??? Need come help and advice!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2010 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mutual-Savings-Life-Insurance-Company/St-Louis-Missouri-63146/Mutual-Savings-Life-Insurance-Company-Unitrin-Company-Paying-for-a-Family-Cancer-and-Dread-581443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company