directions

my change address.com
Vero Beach, Florida United States of America

my change address.com, mychangeaddress.com Scam Vero Beach , Florida

*Consumer Comment: Just ask for a refund...very accomidating

Mychangeaddress.com is a pure unadulterated scam taking advantage of those not familiar enough with computers to realize that they overcharge for a service available from the Postal Service for 1/10th of what they charge.  As for their claim of giving additional value for the money spent that is actually adding insult to injury.  Not only what they offer is crap but all of it is available free from other services on the internet.

They managed to rip my 87 year old father out of money he can ill afford because of his lack of computer sophistication. Apparently the USPS is unwilling or unable to close these schlock merchants down.  You might have guessed that they would be headquartered in Florida.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/my-change-addresscom/Vero-Beach-Florida-/my-change-addresscom-mychangeaddresscom-Scam-Vero-Beach-Florida-891338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on my change address.com

Just ask for a refund...very accomidating

AUTHOR: KSEI - (United States of America)

Okay, so I'm not saying that I agree with the fact that this website pops up first when you type "USPS address change" into your search engine, but...After realizing that I had made a mistake I e-mailed them and they immediately responded and refunded my $9.95 (within an hour).

I'm not exactly sure what the benefit is of going through this service rather than USPS for $1 but it does appear that they offer some other services and assistance (if you need that). Who knows, but I really don't think this is an unsafe website/company...they are clearly not out to steal your information, credit card #, etc. It appears they've been around for awhile so I wouldn't freak out like some people appear to be doing...just ask for a refund if you aren't interested in their other services and they will give it to you. And READ! The info is all clearly there stating that they are NOT the postal service and how much they are charging (my mistake...I was tired and just filled out the form).

I've been ripped off before by online scams...they DON'T e-mail you back within an hour, refund your money and apologize.