Complaint Review: My Charleston Dentist

• Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Charleston Illinois
My Charleston Dentist
826 W. Lincoln Ave. Charleston, IL 61920 Charleston, Illinois USA

My Charleston Dentist Over Charged Me for Treatment I Did Not Need Excessive Fees Charleston Illinois

DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST

I went to my Charleston Dentist when I just finished college. I was young and just started my new job. I felt I was taken advantage of. This was an in network dentist and I was suppose to be just getting a standard cleaning.

I was charged $50 for some oral exam they I did not know I had to pay until after it was done. Also, they had to do this "special cleaning" that 80% of their patients needed. This cost over $300. They told me this was necessary and had to get this done.

This was supposed to be a standard cleaning and checkup that my Dental Insurance pays 100% of it. Based on my poor experience I would not recommend this office because I ended up paying over $350 for a standard cleaning. Please note I had no cavities. Also, I have been to other dentists and did not pay anything for my standard cleaning and checkups. This includes an out of network dentist! Yes. I did not pay anything for an out of network dentist my insurance covered all of it!!!

Please feel free to file a report if you have had a similar experience. I have talked to several people in the community and they have reported having similar experiences as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Charleston-Dentist/Charleston-Illinois-61920/My-Charleston-Dentist-Over-Charged-Me-for-Treatment-I-Did-Not-Need-Excessive-Fees-Charles-1131777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Charleston Dentist