Complaint Review: my geneva watch

• Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: ed — Sierra Vista Arizona United States of America
my geneva watch
511 E. Harvard St. Suite #5 Glendale, California United States of America

my geneva watch mygenevawatch.com viral marketing, Deceptive marketing tactics, Bait and switch Glendale, California

I was recently on my companies web site doing on line training when this pop up appeared stating that I just qualified for a one time offer of a watch for 1.00 and shipping of 3.99. I knew I shouldn't have but I did.

I did get a watch, not the watch that was shown to me but a Charles Dumont Paris (counterfeit)? very cheap not worth 10.00.

I have been trying to get in touch with the customer service department since Feb 4th to no avail. No answers no call backs dropped calls etc..etc..
I found this site and read all the complaints about my geneva watch.com, which made me decide that I should do something, so I emailed their customer support with the following email - I would like to know why there is an 89.99 dollar unauthorized charge on my credit card? Who authorized this payment and when. I have already contacted my bank, and filed a fraud complaint about this incident. Please remove the charge and return the monies you have taken from my account without my permission.

To my surprise I received a reply from a Tony Slocum which follows

Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize if there is any confusion regarding the nature of the risk free trial membership which you signed up for. Please note that you were charged $88.98 because you did not cancel your subscription within the allowed 14 day risk free trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions.  As is explained on our web page from which you initially ordered the product (www.mygenevawatch.com/order.aspx

), you have 14 days from the date you sign up for your membership to determine whether or not you wish to remain a subscriber to our monthly Value Auto-Ship program.  Had you canceled your account during this time period, you would not have received any further charges or shipments.  However, since your account is currently active and your risk free trial period has ended per our terms and conditions, you were billed for the monthly supply.

In an effort to ensure that our customers understand the exact nature of the risk free trial membership program, we have listed these terms twice on our order page, and require that you check a box stating that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions.  This agreement is necessary for the system to even be able to process your order.

Your account is now in a state of cancellation, which means you will not receive any future charges or shipments of the product.

Please be aware of our continuing desire to rectify your complaint before escalating your dispute to your financial institution as you have mentioned.  In the interest of full disclosure, allow us to respectfully advise you of some facts regarding the dispute process.

Once a dispute is filed, we are instructed by your bank or lending firm to cease any dealings with you personally, and instead allow our financial institutions to communicate and mediate the final resolution, as we do file a charge-back reversal form.  During this 30 to 90 day process, your bank will investigate our terms and conditions to verify that we have not charged you in a fraudulent manner, at which point they will award the funds to the party whom they feel is correct in this matter.  Please also be advised that once they have made their ruling, this decision is final and is not subject to further negotiation.

What bothers me though is the following statement from Tony Slocum.

"Should you wish to avoid this process and continue to maintain a dialogue with us regarding the steps you can take from here to ensure you are refunded, please reply stating in writing that you will not be continuing to pursue your dispute, and that there is no dispute currently in process against our company.  Once you have verified this, we will provide you with explicit instructions for you to be issued a refund.  You may also wish to review our terms and conditions at www.mygenevawatch.com/terms.aspx

Very Truly Yours,Tony Slocum where a detailed description of the trial membership you signed up for is listed in full."

I am not sure how to take this, is this a thinly veiled threat, blatant threat or what, it kinda weirds me out that he would include this in an official reply to a customer.

Any way the moral is Read everything on the site don't take for granted that anyone on the internet that is trying to sell you something is your friend, or even being friendly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/my-geneva-watch/Glendale-California-91205/my-geneva-watch-mygenevawatchcom-viral-marketing-Deceptive-marketing-tactics-Bait-and-s-566798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on my geneva watch