Complaint Review: My Perfect Credit

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2005

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
My Perfect Credit
1805 N. Carson Street, 419, Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

My Perfect Credit ripoff Ripoff Turns me in for collections after account was canceled Carson City Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: The best thing to do is not give in. When you pay, you reward them for cheating people.

*Author of original report: 1st Credit is still harrassing me!

*Author of original report: 1st credit of america NOW says account closed

*Author of original report: Can someone help me here as to what to do according to my rights.

*Consumer Suggestion: You came to the right place. Now, let's look at your options and see what you should do about this.

Everyone needs to know about this company. I signed up for their services in Feb 2005 and canceled their services on 2/8/05 and heard nothing more from these people....On July 20, 2005; I get a call from their collection agency called 1st Credit of America telling me that I owe My perfect credit $400 for services. I told them that I had canceled this service back in 2/05 and never heard a word from them in writing. They never notified me of this, I received no written notification that I owed anything nor was I told I was being sent to collection. I told them I would be writing a letter to dispute.

I tried calling My perfect credit's 877 number and it's busy busy busy, you cannot even get through.

I told them that I felt my rights were being violated and that you have to notify people in writing when a debt is owed or past due and you don't just throw people into collection without written notice so you have a chance to dispute.

The only reason why they never took it off my credit card was because at the time that card was still in operation and they had tried to make transactions on a card that had expired and would not go through so they were not getting money from it.

I do not owe this money to these people and I'm disputing this charge of $400 ...what other options do I have.

Teresa
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2005 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-Perfect-Credit/Carson-City-Nevada-89701/My-Perfect-Credit-ripoff-Ripoff-Turns-me-in-for-collections-after-account-was-canceled-Car-151375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My Perfect Credit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, many of the companies that offer credit repair are running some kind of scam. Clearly, this looks like one of those companies.

This is a way to get them to stop calling. You simply refuse to talk to them. Say hello and stay on the phone long enough to verify who the call is from. The minute that you see it's from the credit repair frauds, set the phone down and walk away.

Don't hang up, because they'll just call back and let the phone ring forever. Instead, set the phone down on the table and walk away.

You must resist the temptation to sit and listen, or to argue. As long as you continue to engage in dialog, they will continue to call. But, if you say hello, then set the phone down they will get tired of that pretty quick.

Clearly, they can see they aren't getting a dime. Plus, they are wasting their time calling.

It really comes down to a test of wills here. Can they aggravate you so much that you simply give in and send money? Or, will you stand your ground and continue to ignore the calls, regardless of how long they continue?

The key here is control. Don't yell. Don't scream. Don't threaten. They get off on the fact that they are bothering you. They assume that if they bother you enough, you'll give in and send payment.

You must be able to demonstrate that the calls don't bother you one little bit. The only way to do that is simply to say hello, and nothing else. If at some point you lose your temper and tell them to leave you alone, they will just keep right on calling.

This takes a certain frame of mind to do. But, done correctly, they either give up, or else you minimize the impact the calls have on your life.

1st Credit is still harrassing me!

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

These monsters need to be stopped.....I got another call from their telemarketing dept still trying to collect on this $400 debt and i told them it had been closed and sent back to myperfectcredit and she says........oh we have two systems and one has it that way and the other doesn't...........i guarantee, i will be hounded till the day I die. I have no intentions of paying this debt I do not owe!

Has anyone on here filed a dispute and has gotten any kind of positive outcome from this...I would love to hear about it

1st credit of america NOW says account closed

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

After all this craziness....of being threatened to pay...I call their head offices at 1st Credit who tell me that this is very unusual that they see in my file that the case has been CLOSED........supposedly I don't owe them the money..........has this happened to anyone out there, the collection agency saying it's been closed!

Can someone help me here as to what to do according to my rights.

AUTHOR: Teresa - (U.S.A.)

I don't have the saved email that said i canceled the service because I don't have it saved anymore...for heaven sakes it was way back in Feb but I canceled this service and heard nothing from the. I am not paying these people $400 and they didn't do anything either.

I feel so helpless............whoever is getting a law suit up against these people I would like to be a part of it....

how can they get away with this...if this was me doing it to them, i'd be locked up or something. can someone direct me as to what to do.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Sooner or later, it happens to almost everybody. You send money to a company that turns out to be a total scam. Or, maybe they just stick you with a defective product. It could be a store near your house, or an internet site half-way around the world. Either way, you're mad as hell. You have lost your time and your money. At this point, most people want 3 things.

1/They want a full refund.
2/They want to make sure nobody else is cheated.
3/They want to see the fraud stopped once and for all.

First, let's look at getting your refund. The easiest way to do that is by having your bank take back the money that you paid. With credit cards, that is known as a chargeback.

The staff behind this site routinely explains the procedure for this. Simply search through the hundreds of new complaints that come in each week until you see the following phrase:

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

Read the information, and follow the instructions. Most banks will assist you if they can determine that you are the victim of fraud. If the bank refuses to help you, it could be for one of two reasons. Your situation may not be the result of fraud. A bank won't give your money back if a legitimate transaction has occurred. There must some element of fraud or theft involved.

In some cases, the banks will refuse to help you even though you have a situation that involves fraud. In that case, you will have to complain to the agency that regulates the banking system. Here is the web address.

Before you do that, be sure of several things. First, make sure actual fraud or theft of your money was involved. If somebody sent you the wrong size shoes, the OCC is NOT the place to complain about that. On the other hand, if a fraud has removed money from your account without authorization, you have every right to demand help. In addition, make sure that you have done everything possible with your bank. Don't go over their heads until you have given them every possible chance to help you.

The OCC is the place to complain when the BANK refuses to act in a legitimate case of fraud or theft.

On the OCC site, look for: Consumer Complaints and Assistance.

If your bank can't help you get a refund, it's time to turn up the heat. You should order the revenge guide put out by the staff of this site. Click on the link at the bottom of the page here.

In all the months that I have been reading these complaints, I can't count the number of times that a victim has used this guide to obtain a refund.

Is this guaranteed? Of course not. But it's certainly worth a shot. As long as the crook hasn't closed up shop and left with all your money, you still have a good chance of getting a refund.

Next, you need to be sure to file a complaint here. That way, other people will be able to read about what happened to you. You may keep many others from losing their money like you did. In addition, your complaint on this site will help get your refund.

Be sure to update your complaint if you get new information.

Your complaint will go a long way towards putting a crook out of business. You see, once the complaint is placed on this site, search engines will notice it. It doesn't take long for that to happen. In many cases, the complaint will come up right underneath the crooked company's own site. Once that happens, they might as well close up shop and move on.

Next, you can also file individual complaints with some federal agencies. Here are some addresses.

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 Bureau of consumer protection

https://www.econsumer.gov/pls/econsumer/wimsnery2$com.main?p_lang_seq=1 Econsumer

https://www.ifccfbi.gov FBI internet fraud complaint center

www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm US postal service

As long as you have a clear case of fraud or theft, these agencies will take your complaint. Do not file a federal complaint about bad service at a restaurant or somebody who sent you the wrong merchandise. Make sure your complaint is an actual crime where fraud, theft, or misrepresentation is involved.

By using all these things, many victims were not only able to get a refund, but an apology too. At the very least, your complaint may keep a rip-off company from stealing any more money from new victims. A fraud counts on you to do little or nothing to get revenge. They assume that you will just take the loss and go away mad. Here's your chance to show them they are wrong!

The best way to prevent fraud is to spot it before you get cheated. And, the best way to do that is to come here and read about the latest frauds and scams. Now that you have found your way here, use this site to always check things BEFORE you decide to buy. And, tell all your friends and neighbors to do the same.