Complaint Review: My True Movers

• Updated: Tue, February 11, 2014

• Reported By: MAF — West Bloomfield Michigan
My True Movers
Detroit, Michigan USA

My True Movers, Mark Ellington Damaged Floor, Won't Pay For Repairs Detroit Michigan

In December 2013 we hired "The True Movers" of Detroit to move a large piece of furniture for us.  During the move one of the men dropped an electric drill, which was running, and it caused a 36" gouge in our new hardwood floor.  The owner, Mark, had told us he was insured.  We sent Mark a quote from a flooring contractor for the repair (about $400), but Mark refuses to return our calls and emails.

Mark hides well.  He uses an unlisted cell phone.  He does not post his business address on hsi web site, and there is no Michigan business record for a "True Movers" in Detroit.  We have no way to find him, other than hire a private detective, and it isn't worth the trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/My-True-Movers/Detroit-Michigan-48122/My-True-Movers-Mark-Ellington-Damaged-Floor-Wont-Pay-For-Repairs-Detroit-Michigan-1122704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on My True Movers