Complaint Review: myUS

• Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Marinda — Port au Prince Haiti
myUS
4299 Express Lane, Sarasota Internet United States of America

myUS Acting as my export agent, the firm framed a fraudulent invoice & without sharing this invoice with me exported the goods via DHL I end up having to pay a $2400 fine with Customs. Internet

*Author of original report: Response

*UPDATE Employee: MyUS Response to customer reports

I purchased over one hundred items on e-bay and deliveries were done in a staggered fashion. MyUS received parcels and advised me of the description and weight of the items. I could not reconcile with e-bay, and TRUSTED myUS blindly. Since they mentioned on the receive notification the "Value for custom purposes" I was truly under the impression that once the export invoice is framed, they would use the correct description and value from the invoices inside the e-bay parcels.

Once I had a fair amount of items ready I requested myUS to do the export. I noticed there is an option to ask for values to be reduced, but since I am an honest person, I did not request any changes to values.

I was travelling over this period so did not pay much further attention, trusting myUS

UNFORTUNATELY when the shipment arrived in the import country, customs opened the shipment and found many more items inside the shipment than what myUS declared. The values on their invoice was also questioned. When I consulted with myUS, they informed me that they did not find invoices inside all the parcels and "estimated" a value/description. This was the first time the problem was brought to my attention. Had they informed me of this problem PRIOR to the export, I could have forwarded the e-bay invoices to them, exactly what I did. AGAIN myUS framed the invoice incorrectly. This time using correct descriptions but under declaring the values again. Customs fined me again. The THIRD time around my US finally framed the correct invoice. I had to pay a $2400 fine prior to customs releasing the shipment.

MyUS apologized on several occassions for the error and explained the problem with regards to not receiving invoices or values in the e-bay parcels... this all in the months AFTER the export was made and the shipment got stuck with Customs.

According to the International Chamber of Commerce and Industry, invoice values are not to be reduced and correct descriptions should be quoted. IF myUS did not have this information available, I seize to understand why they did not disclose this information PRIOR to effecting the shipment, or provided the export invoice PRIOR to the shipment. I received a packing list, quoting a few items and weight. I had no idea more items were shipped than what they indicated on the system, nor that they did not "apparently" find the e-bay invoices inside the parcels upon receipt.

These kind of incorrect shipments also effect the USA's export declarations as a whole, as lower export values are being declared. With myUS being a $24 Million Dollar Company, it bears and effect on the long run. The company is acting in complete contravension of the ICCI's rules and regulations and I am sure also of the American Customs ACT to offer REDUCED values for export purposes on their sytem. To my mind it is totally illegal.

I am disappointed that although they admitted their mistake in various e-mail correspondence to me  in the first few months after the export, the company refused to accept any responsbility when it came to having to pay the fine and quickly through their terms and conditions on the table.

I accept honest mistakes can happen and between a service provider and a customer it should be worked out, but knowing they are such a big company, they very quickly refused any further involvement.

A true disappointment in deed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/myUS/internet/myUS-Acting-as-my-export-agent-the-firm-framed-a-fraudulent-invoice-without-sharing-th-1007992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on myUS

Response

AUTHOR: Marinda - (Haiti)

I indeed received an e-mailed packing list from myUS, stating descriptions and weight of the items.

Fact is: myUS did NOT inform me that they "guessed" the description and values. I purchased around 100 various items & put my FULL TRUST in myUS that they would be using the correct Invoice values and descriptions. BUT, In total contravention of the ICCI's International Chamber of Commerce and Industry's rules and regulations, to which they have confirmed, they "GUESSED" these crucial details WITHOUT disclosing this to their client. a Quick e-mail, requesting the details would have immediately solved the problem, had they merely tried to obtain the information from the client.

Previous Shipments:

I purchased during the first half of 2012 hundreds of dollars worth of model trains, which equaled to hundreds of items via e-Bay. ALL the items arrived inside the shipments with their e-Bay invoices included. During these shipments the correct descriptions and values were used. This being correctly done, put me in a position where I TRUSTED myUS to correctly frame future shipments. I did not know they were "guessing" discriptions and values. If only they sent one mail, ASKING for information.

In January, after it came to light that the wrong values and descriptions were used (as myUS not once provided me with the export invoice, but ONLY a packing list, declaring only some of the items which was actually shipped) I provided them with the invoices from e-bay. AGAIN they framed the invoices wrong, failling to declare the correct values. According to DHL, this is was increased the fine we had to pay to customs. I am quite shocked to here the account manager's remark that they created a second invoice at no cost! ..as opposed to? But this is standard with the company charging for every possible excuse. When I asked them to provide me with proof that the shipper's "allegedly" used the incorrect mailing address, they charged me an additional $7 for retrieving the parcel. When I asked for a photo it was an additional $10 or $12.. which forces the client at the end of the day just to accept the $5 charge for the apparent incorrect address (although the supplier confirmed they used the correct address)

The shipment was done on  a DDP basis. I have provided myUS with the DHL invoice, which clearly states "FINE" / MULTA (in spanish) and find it HIGHLY offencive that I am being accused of lying about the value of the fine.  In fact, I INSIST on an appology for this false accusation.

The DHL invoice for this fine, can be made available to ANY interested party.

It is appauling that a company can not face up to the mistake they have made, but rather want to incriminate their customer. An utter disgrace.

MyUS Response to customer reports

AUTHOR: MyUS.com Manager - (United States of America)

1.    Customer was notified at every step along with the way about what was received and value assigned.  All items were posted as received in customers account and each had a value assigned to it.  We assign values based on merchant invoices (when included) and when a merchant invoice is not included we estimate the value based on the item average value in our internal and external productlook-up databases.

2.     If there are any questions (or if something was not reported correctly) customer can contact our Account Service group or apply changes themselves, and customer did not do this.

3.     All items had descriptions assigned and values that were presented to the customer when the items were received and AGAIN when she requested her shipment. She again raised no concerns or questions regarding descriptions or values assigned.

4.     Customer admitted her own ignorance in correspondence with us for not changing the values and descriptions,again, we cannot know values if the merchant did not include an invoice, which they did not.

5.      After the shipment arrived in her country, customer then requested we send updated commercial invoice with revised prices on invoices she then supplied, which we did, at no additional cost to her.

6.      We inquired about this with DHL and they report she did receive her merchandise and she did NOT pay a $2400 fine, but in fact paid only approx.

$60 more than originally assessed by her country's customs office which was a direct result of the increase in the values of the goods provided by the merchant invoices that she provided post shipping.

7.      Lastly it is quite common for ebay sellers to NOT include merchant or receipt invoices. The merchandise is owned by the customer and it is  ultimately their responsibility to ensure the values are correct to what they actually paid, as they are the ones legally importing into their country.