Complaint Review: mylife.com

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: michele — seneca South Carolina
mylife.com
Internet USA

mylife.com absurd billing practice. Sign up for service in about $5. they auto renew you for $83.40. Internet

I recently was auto billed $83.40 from mylife.com.  Mylife.com is a website that people can use to locate friends from the past.  They suck you in through advertisements involving high school graduating classes.  They offer a cheap membership of less than $5.  Be careful.  I do not recall seeing anything about a renewal of $83.40.  I believed that the renewal would have been the original subscription price.  It is not.  When I complained they tried to credit me for $20.  I demanded to speak to management and contacted my bank as well.  They eventually gave me back my money.  They apparently can't make money without trickery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mylifecom/internet/mylifecom-absurd-billing-practice-Sign-up-for-service-in-about-5-they-auto-renew-you-1054469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mylife.com