Complaint Review: mypillow.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 13, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: sickofbeingscammed — Garden Grove California United States of America
mypillow.com
920 6th street Ste. 28, Carver, Minnesota United States of America

mypillow.com Devisive marketing techniques Carver, Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Marketing

This company and its high profile marketing skills, are devisive and not up front honest. They appear so helpful on their infomercial. "This is proclaimed to be the best pillow ever and all the testimonies seemed amazing...now, thinking back, too good to be believed. (they do have a disclaimer when you get the pillow) I was under the impression that you could only buy this from the TV operator. When I called she had a great sales pitch, like the pillow was made just for you (height, weight). Cost was 89.00 plus shipping, total cost $99.99. I could not believe the price for a pillow, but reluctantly agreed, as I hoped it would solve my sleeping problem. I told her I was on a limted income, and she never mentioned that I could order it anywhere else but through her. So, today I opened my paper and found it at a local chain store for $59.99 + 20% off, no shipping costs!!! I called customer service Immediately, only to be given a run around and was told just send it back (at my shipping cost). Like the other complaint it also hurt my neck. I will send it back and only hope next time I send for something, I look on the internet for bad reports.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/mypillowcom/Carver-Minnesota-55315/mypillowcom-Devisive-marketing-techniques-Carver-Minnesota-940860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on mypillow.com

Marketing

AUTHOR: Beth - (United States of America)

Dear Consumer,

I have read your complaint and am hopeful that responding to your concerns will shed a positive light on your opinion. My Pillow, Inc. offers several product lines. The infomercial that you refer to is for the Original My Pillow Premium pillow purchased directly from My Pillow. This product offers five different support levels for a custom fit, hence why the pillow is made especially for the individual, a 60 day comfort guarantee and a 10 year limited warranty against material defects. This pillow is NOT sold in stores and is priced accordingly. In order to reach out to the demand of consumers that requested repeatedly an alternate price point, MyPillow came up with an alternate product, MyPillow Retail, that is currently found in several different retail stores, offers a one size fits most support level and a manufacturers limited 10 year warranty against material defect. As My Pillow recognizes the need for a broad spectrum of consumers to enjoy and experience our product, we will continue to work diligently to expand and meet consumer needs. Please remember that ALL My Pillow, Inc. products are made in the U.S.A. and that we are a proud member of the BBB with an A+ rating.

Sincerly,