• Report: #920288

• Reported By: Shawn — Cabot United States of America
nFinanSe

nFinanSe Stupid Rules Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Explanation from nFinanSe

I bought a prepaid visa card for my 16 year old to use online. They charged me a monthly fee as soon as the card was loaded on top of the $3 fee just to load it.

I then had problems getting it registered online because I didn't want to put my sons social security number in. I used mine and my date of birth. I had to call the company to get it to register. I was told my son had to be there to give the account info. My son didn't know I got the card and wasn't even home. I set the pin, password, security question, etc.... but since he wasn't around they couldn't help me.

So I have to wait until he gets home to call and give him the answers to their questions so he can tell them. I can understand if he is an adult but he his a minor and I set the card up so this is a bunch of bull. After he uses the card up we will find a better company. I really don't like the fact they want his social security number. This is a prepaid card not a real credit card. Don't use this companies card!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nFinanSe/internet/nFinanSe-Stupid-Rules-Internet-920288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nFinanSe

Explanation from nFinanSe

AUTHOR: nFinanSe Inc - (USA)

We are sorry to hear about your concerns with the nFinanSe Card you purchased for your son. The card may be used online without providing us with a Social Security Number; but you will not be able to load more funds on the card, receive cash at an ATM or use it for debit transactions. In order to enjoy all these features, Federal Law requires that we verify the identity of each cardholder. All prepaid cards have this legal requirement.

If a website does not accept the Card due to address verification, it may be necessary to call us back and continue the proper registration process. Keep in mind, we will need to speak the person wishing to register the card in their name and gather the necessary information.

I hope you can understand our efforts to protect the identity of our cardholders and ensure we are only speaking to our actual cardholders about their account. Please contact nFinanSe at 1-866-907-7531 if you have any further questions.