Complaint Review: n/a

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Somerset Massachusetts United States of America
n/a
n/a n/a, Select State/Province United States of America

n/a n/a Scam to charge people $199 to remove their profile on Facebook. I think the accent is Indian. n/a, Other

I encountered some difficulty in deleting my account from Facebook.  While searching for a customer service number, I could came across the following number:  855-526-0011.  When you call, the phone does not ring at all.

A man with an Indian accent answered.  His English was so bad I could barely understand him.  I explained to him my difficulty.

He informed me it would cost $199 a year for them to remove my facebook account!!!  I later discovered, with much effort, how I could delete it myself.

I'm not sure what could be done. The number might be connecting to a foreign country.  I hope someone investigates this so others won't get hurt.

Jim

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/na/na-Select-StateProvince-/na-na-Scam-to-charge-people-199-to-remove-their-profile-on-Facebook-I-think-the-accen-949793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on n/a