Complaint Review: NAFS OF CANADA

• Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: fuming in eastern Ontario — Iroquois Ontario Canada
NAFS OF CANADA
333 Ontario Street St. Catherines, Ontario Canada

NAFS OF CANADA For XM Radio Canada Demand Letter for Payment St. Catherines, Ontario Canada

Received a letter/bill from NAFS OF CANADA, insisting that I owed XM Radio $109.96! There was nothing on the statement to indicate when this account was created, or when the money owing was incurred. I knew I did not owe this company money as they ceased to exist about 2 years ago, and my subscription had either lapsed or been transferred to Sirrius Sound. So, I ignored their first letter.

Of course I received a second demand letter about 2 weeks later. In this letter they said that they would accept a settlement amount of $93.47 if received within 2 weeks. Now I was concerned as I didn't want anything negative attached to my credit history.

I called the number on the statement. The first time I called they asked for my name etc. I refused to give it and asked who they were, and to speak with the person who signed the last statement. Please note that the number I called them at was an 866 number and I did not block the number I was calling from. Therefore they would have identified who I was. When they refused to connect me to the individual I requested to speak to, or the information about their company I told them I was calling the BBB to inquire about the company and hung up.

After I did some google searching and found I was not the first to post about this company or about satellite radio accounts I called them back. This time I did provide my name and reference #.  The person who answered the phone would not connect me to the officer who had sent the statement. Consequently, I spoke to the person who answered the phone. Once I identified who I was they said, that the creditor XM Radio had reversed their charges since the last letter was sent out (2 weeks earlier)!

My thought is that they don't want any trouble. They obviously connected my 2 calls (10 min. apart). My threat to call the Better Business Bureau made them backoff!  This confirms in my mind that this company is a RIP-OFF! They are simply duping people who don't like confrontation and are fearful and would just send the money. Once you let it be known that you will fight them, they will back off.

I requested they send a letter confirming this telephone conversation and a statement that cleared the account. They refused this request, stating that I would have to contact the company directly to get this. Since XM Satellite no longer exists I am not sure how to go about this.

Does anyone think I need to get this letter clearing the account?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NAFS-OF-CANADA/St-Catherines-Ontario-/NAFS-OF-CANADA-For-XM-Radio-Canada-Demand-Letter-for-Payment-St-Catherines-Ontario-Canad-947414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NAFS OF CANADA