• Report: #1119771

• Reported By: SSJones — ATLANTA Georgia
Nalley Honda of Union City
4197 Jonesboro Rd Union City, Georgia USA

Nalley Honda: "WOMEN BEWARE of the SNAKE PIT" Union City Georgia

*Consumer Comment: KOONI HONDA SONG...

I’ve been a Honda owner for 20 years now. I am the only owner this car has ever had, and this is the 1st major problem I’ve experienced. 01/15/14: I took my 1999 Honda Accord in to fix an antifreeze leak. It was running hot. Service advisor, Mr Robert Anthony Tutt, tried to pressure me into paying for a $92 Head Gasket Test, to check for internal damage, however had a head gasket been blown the engine wouldn't have turned over, there would've been knocking under the hood, white smoke coming from the tailpipe, and the dipstick would have had a milky type substance from fluids mixing together; NONE of this was the case. I refused the head gasket test, and instead I paid for a pressure test, an oil ring, 1 gallon of coolant and a new coolant bypass hose ($285). I was told that my car was fixed, shown a checklist of items that had been deemed, "OK". The radiator was noted “OK now”. [continued below]....

..... I thought all was well and left happy. Apparently none of these items corrected the problem, because less than 48 hours later it was running hot again and was STILL leaking antifreeze. I took the car back the next business day (01/20/14), this time with my husband…and Mr. Tutt was stuttering and stammering as to why we were having the same problem after I’d just paid for the fix. I was rushed out the dealership, given another rental car and told they would call. When I went to pick up the car the next day, I asked Mr. Tutt, if I could have a partial reimbursement for a fix that obviously did not work. He slammed his hands on the desk, and said I wasn't getting anything back, since they'd done the work, but I pressed that evidently the "fix" didn't work, and I don't think it's fair for me to pay for "expertise" that I did not get. The next "diagnosis" I was given was: new engine, radiator, and timing belt pkg ($3900), and/or sell them my car, to "cut my losses". They’d tried to convince me that my car was junk and only good for salvage. I was told that they could "give me $100 for it, if it would make me feel better". I towed my car home and was then repeatedly harassed by Irma in the pre-appraisal department as to my plans for my car. I told her it was none of her business and to leave me alone. Between her and her sales manager, they inquired/called me and my husband about my plans for my car... 5x within a 24hour period! I tweeted about my experience, and the GM (Ken Sidana), responded requesting for me to call him. I did and he said that had I paid for the head gasket test that they recommended initially that the antifreeze would not have frozen my engine and therefore blown the gasket. I told him that that was the 1st time that I was hearing THAT particular diagnosis. Then I told him, since I'd towed the car home, I had an independent mechanic look at it, and within 20mins he showed me that the leak was on the right of the radiator. The engine was COMPLETELY fine and in excellent condition. There were NO blown gaskets whatsoever. He got flustered, said he would call me back in an hour. Five days later he contacted me via Twitter, saying "‏Unfortunately we can not come to a mutually satisfactory agreement. We wish you the best." He blew me off completely. This matter is still unresolved. Women, if you cannot have a male accompany you to this dealership, to get the truth…PLEASE AVOID at all cost!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nalley-Honda-of-Union-City-/Union-City-Georgia-30291/Nalley-Honda-WOMEN-BEWARE-of-the-SNAKE-PIT-Union-City-Georgia-1119771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nalley Honda of Union City

KOONI HONDA SONG...

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

is available at this site. Just type in 1096494 and it appears in the consumer comments section at Ripoff Report #1096494.

***NATIONWIDE ALERT FOR ALL WOMEN: Make sure to type in 271261 at this site and read Ripoff Report #271261 for important information and spread it all over the web at sites like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook!