Complaint Review: Nancy Richards Dog Training Institute

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2007

• Reported By:Scarborough Ontario
Nancy Richards Dog Training Institute
8721 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1010 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Nancy Richards Dog Training Institute dog-training info scam; takes money off credit card but doesnt deliver any service. Los Angeles California

Looking for help to train my Australian Shepherd, I signed up for a $29.95 membership for a training course. I thought it was weird that they also asked me to fax the last four digits of my credit card, along with a statement that I was approving this transaction. Supposedly this was for my own protection against credit-card fraud. At this point I decided not to sent that information as it began to smell wrong!

I recieved an email saying I should have received password access .. with an email address if I wanted to contact them.

No password access ever came, and my many emails to their 'contact me' address bounced back undeliverable.

I did start getting lots of promotional emails looking for more money.

They took the money out of my bank account.

I immediately e-mailed them asked for a refund, since the website promised a '120-day money-back guarantee with no whining, no questions asked.' Of course, no response. Although I keep getting daily e-mails with chatty little messages from the (fictitious?) Nancy Richards, president of the Dog Training Institute.

Then I tried calling them, only to get a automated voice mail message: 'No one is available to take your call.' I left a message, and have not received a call in return.

I started reseraching the site (a little late now!) and stumbled upon their Terms of Use, which I hadn't seen before, and it is SCARY! Here are some excerpts: 'All refund requests need to be made through postal mail to Dog Training Institute's post-sales customer service office, the address of which can be obtained by sending an e-mail to address@dogtraininginstitute.com. ...Any refund or cancellation requests made to any other email address, or through phone or fax will not be accepted, honored or replied to, under any circumstances. ...You are not allowed to make any comments criticizing the Training Materials in the members' only forum that accompanies the Training Materials. ...This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of West Bengal in India. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be in the courts serving the city of Kolkata in West Bengal, India.'

This whole thing is a scam operation out of India. Don't fall for it, because you'll never get your money back.

Andrew
Scarborough, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2007 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nancy-Richards-Dog-Training-Institute/Los-Angeles-California-90069-4507/Nancy-Richards-Dog-Training-Institute-dog-training-info-scam-takes-money-off-credit-card-284964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nancy Richards Dog Training Institute