Complaint Review: National Action Financial Services - NAFS

165 Lawrence Bell Drive Williamsville,, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 800443963
  • Web:
  • Category:

National Action Financial Services - NAFS William Clifford, Mr. Flennigan Harassing phone calls eventhough I do informed them that the debt is not mine. I am almost 80 yrs old. Williamsville, , New York

*Consumer Comment: Advise

this company harrasses me and said I owe a debt for 1994 which is 16  yrs ago. I have never even heard of a store called Sixteen Plus in California or otherwise.  I am 77 years old and they say it is an overweight store. I am not overweight.  This collection company starts to call my phone at 7:30 a.m and continues until 9:30 p.m.  I have informed them that the debt does not belong to me but they insist that I must file a Fraud case and suit a family member?

I have told them of my medical problems and they will not stop harrassing me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Action-Financial-Services-NAFS/Williamsville-New-York-14221-7817/National-Action-Financial-Services-NAFS-William-Clifford-Mr-Flennigan-Harassing-phone-577375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Action Financial Services - NAFS

Advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

How to stop collection agency harassment for a debt that is not yours:

Youre going to have to find out the name and address of the collection agencies(s) that are calling you. Send the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do NOT use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, cease all communications with me about this alleged debt. This is not my debt. Receipt of this letter is officially being time stamped via Certified Mail. I will pursue each subsequent phone call from your office with a $1,000 per incident penalty for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations
-----------------------------
To speed things up, fax this same letter to the collection agency.
Next time they call, read the following statement:

Pursuant to [your state] state law, this is to inform you that this phone call is being recorded. If you do not consent to being recorded, you need to terminate this call. Pursuant to [your state] state law, continuation of this phone call after officially being informed that it is being recorded implies consent to be recorded. This recording will be used to pursue Fair Debt Collection Practice Act violations in a court of law.