Complaint Review: national attorney services

• Reported By: elizabeth — sumter South Carolina United States of America
national attorney services
sumter, South Carolina United States of America

national attorney services collection adj. sumter, South Carolina

I got a text on my phone saying that national attorney services had a case against me for fraud and that i needed to contact me immediately. upon calling they stated that they were an attorneys office not a collection company and if i didn't pay them $958 dollars that they were going to put my case infront of a judge and that i would owe over $4 grand do time for fraud and have to go to check writing classes for writing bad checks of course she wouldn't listen to me when i told her that i didnt have a checking account nor did i have checks so i didn't understand how it would be considered fraud. At that time she told they were doing me a favor letting me pay it through them that they could have already garnished my wadges and that they didnt even need to contact me about it the lady kept telling me that i had to pay by the next day when i told her that i didnt have the money to pay all of it right there she told me that maybe i should call my family or friends to borrow the money and call her right back. i didnt know what to do i didnt have anyone that could help so i called her back with my aunt on the phone to help nagotiate a deal she gave me a week to get the money together and pay. after making the last payment she tried to tell me that i still owed money on the account and that i had to pay an extra $194 dollars when i told her we ad agreed to two payments of $450 to settle the account and that i had kept my part of the aggrement she gave me a long speech that i must not be reliable and that is why my family wouldn't help me and that i was not responsable and that if i cant pay money that i owe then i dont need to be borrowing in the first place in where i interupted her and let her know that our conversation was over and made sure that the account had been closed and over and hung up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/national-attorney-services/sumter-South-Carolina-/national-attorney-services-collection-adj-sumter-South-Carolina-909597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on national attorney services