Complaint Review: National Field Selling Association, Sunshine Subscription Agency, Freedom Sales Co.

• Submitted: Thu, October 05, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, October 05, 2006

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
7522 Wiles Rd., Ste 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

National Field Selling Association, Sunshine Subscription Agency, Freedom Sales Co. A student by the name of Josh Gibson wanted me to purchase a magazine to help out his school for a trip. I told him I could not help him but then he goes on to say well maybe if you help me cheat and write a check now that way i can still get the points for the sale, then you ma'am can just send in the cancellation form, it will be voided, they cashed it anyway and now i'm overdrawn. Ripoff Coral Springs Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You cannot just trust some stranger!

On Saturday September 23, a young man by the name of Josh Gibson came to my door claiming he is doing a fund raiser for his school and needed to sell magazines in order to earn points for the trip. I told him I could not help him but then he goes on to say that I could help him "cheat" by writing the check and then filling out a cancellation form stating that I wanted that check null and voided so that they would not actually cash it but he would still get the points and i had to do that within the 3 days of the sale. I mailed it in the day he left actually suspecting everything was fine. Well two weeks later I check my account and they cashed my check anyway causing me to be overdrawn!

Jackie
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2006 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Field-Selling-Association-Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-Freedom-Sales-Co/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/National-Field-Selling-Association-Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-Freedom-Sales-Co-A-stud-214337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Field Selling Association, Sunshine Subscription Agency, Freedom Sales Co.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You cannot just trust some stranger!

AUTHOR: Cody - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I hate to hear that this has happened to you, but I am extremely shocked that you let this happen in the first place.

First point is that you were willing to help someone "Cheat"? That in of itself doesn't speak much for integrity.

Second, You wrote a check to a stranger, trusting them to not cash your check, knowing you would be overdrawn.

Third, Never, ever, ever trust some stranger coming to your door with your money, period!

Cory