Complaint Review: National Healthcare Discount

• Submitted: Tue, September 12, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:St.Clairsville Ohio
National Healthcare Discount
6520 W. 110th St., Suite 202 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-720-5055
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

National Healthcare Discount-flutternet.com-nature'sbeautybar.com - NHCD Work at Home Scam! Interviewing process misleading watch out for old lady Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Stay away from this company, it is a scam.

I am a mother of two children and thought that I found a great job working from home. I went to yahoo and looked up(((ROR redacted link))). I was skeptical about the article I read about NHCD but I decided to call and find out more information. Who would've thought that a healthcare discount company would rip you off?
I recieved a call from an elderly lady named SANDY ISSACSON. She had to be one of the sweetest people I have talked to on the phone. She immediately interviewed me. I was misled by her telling me that I would make $8.00 an hour. However, it was $8.00 per lead. The employee policy and misleading about your earnings as well. The first week I worked was for 26 hours. I had recieved 5 leads and at that point I thought wow I'm going to be making money just talking on the phone whether I get any leads or not. I continued to work for another 3 weeks. When I called my manager and told her that I hadn't recieved my first weekly paycheck she had them send it to me (Yeah 2 1/2 weeks later). To my surprise it was only for $40.00. When I asked my manager SANDY ISSACSON about it she said when I interviewed you, you knew that it was $8.00 per lead.

Then I told her I didn't want them to take out the $18.95 from my checking account anymore because I have unlimited long distance nationwide she said so you don't want to work for us anymore? I said I shouldn't have to pay you to work for your company. Now her attitude changed and she acted as if I were her worst enemy.
I also had crossed trained into personnel and in the scripts/ outlines of what you need to inform them is misleading about your earnings. It's like a beat around the bush to get your money. I never called anyone.
To this day Sept. 12, 2006 I still have not got paid for 3 more of my leads and will not because I am no longer a representive for NHCD, however I feel that I should get paid for them because I read the script and spent numerous hours that I could've spent with my 2 children working hard for these leads.

Finally, they won't reimburse me my $29.95 because they said I didn't spend enough time on the phone. Go figure. If they continue to take money out of my account they will hear from my lawyer.

In closing please be aware that NCHD (national Healthcare Discount)www.nhcd.com, www.flutternet.com, and www.naturesbeautybar.com are a rip off. Also be aware of these people Sandy Issacson & Melissa Ginther. Sandy was my manager and Melissa was her manager. Don't be fooled by the sweet elderly lady.

Julie
St.Clairsville, Ohio

font color="red"> CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2006 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Healthcare-Discount/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/National-Healthcare-Discount-flutternetcom-naturesbeautybarcom-NHCD-Work-at-Home-Scam-210604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Healthcare Discount

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Stay away from this company, it is a scam.

AUTHOR: Carebears - (U.S.A.)

I was scammed by this company too. I started in leads but everyone hung up on me, I never got any leads. I tried personnel where you would get paid when people you interviewed signed up but nobody signed up. Stay away it is a scam.