notable

Complaint Review: National Home Grocer | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. All products and services 100% guaranteed! National Home Grocer, all natural foods and groceries, delivered to the customer's door. Let National Home Grocer’s registered dieticians customize your meal plan to fit your unique goals. National Home Grocer’s 100% Unconditional Guarantee means you buy with complete confidence....

• Submitted: Fri, August 09, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: Loriann S. — fort salonga New York
national home grocer
3300 veterans highway bohemia, New York USA

National Home Grocers REVIEW: National Home Grocers dedicated to total customer satisfaction. National Home Grocer, a vision to improve your health through All-Natural food, nutritional education and fitness. Complete nutritional information on all food products, providing highest quality all natural food and organic vegetables to home consumer. Every family has unique needs and their taste buds, folks at National Home Grocer work tirelessly to build the perfect customized menu.
*UPDATE: National Home Grocer pledges their commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. National Home Grocer recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to National Home Grocer for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with National Home Grocer have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. National Home Grocer listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

National Home Grocers are some of the most passionate foodies we have ever met. They are obsessed with health and cleanliness as if their lives depend upon it. [continued below]....
..... The meats, seafood, and poultry were what you would expect in the finest five star restaurants. They are sourced from farms who only use all natural and organic feeds. All the products are minimally processed just the way they were meant to be eaten. Eliminating the use of antibiotics, steroids, and chemicals in the food we eat is where National Home Grocer shines.

Another top executive of the company told Ripoff Report that National Home Grocers strives to add value in its services as they understand that a successful business model is based on value-added services, and client care”. National Home Grocers mission statement says it all: "Our goal is to provide our clients the best quality, value, and professional excellence in the industry." In the course of the review, Ripoff Report learned the typical customer feedback reads: “National Home Grocer truly deliver on all of their promises. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that they showed us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Michael Rosenberg during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward National Home Grocer.
National Home Grocer is Ripoff Report Verified

National Home Grocer supplies the home consumer with a complete line of all natural meat, seafood, organic vegetables and groceries.

Most of their customers are obtained by word of mouth, which accounts for about 80% of their sales. Those most interested in their product are those looking to eat healthier, fresher foods.

When asked how their company pursues leads for business, CEO Michael Rosenberg explained, “We rely mostly on word of mouth. Often enough, people have tried our product ahead of time and we let them decide. Mostly, they close the sale themselves.”

During the onsite interview, Mr. Rosenberg was asked to describe the standard experience that a customer should expect to receive while working with their company, to which he stated, “We have a money back guarantee, the customer is always right. Most people sign up for 5 months and after 2 months, we revisit with all of our customers. From there, we give them more of the things they loved and swap out the things that they disliked. We call this a mid-cycle review.”

When dealing with a complaint, customers are advised to call or go onto the website. They also have the option of reaching out directly to Barbara. If Barbara has a problem, it goes directly to Mr. Rosenberg. Their company provides this help service 24/7.

Mr. Rosenberg was asked to describe a specific situation where a customer was not satisfied with the level of service provided. He recalled: “There was a customer who wasn’t happy with us and they wanted a refund. This was not a problem; we happily agreed to give them their money back. Their refund would normally be mailed out. However, we got that call on a Saturday morning and we told the customer that we would mail their refund out on Monday. They wanted it delivered to them that day. When I heard about this, I told them it was no problem and we drove it to their house. The issue was resolved and the customers were thrilled.”

In order to provide the best customer service possible, their company has integrated the use of a customer service log. Whenever a customer calls in, whether it’s good or bad, it is entered into the log. By the end of the week, everything has been resolved.

Mr. Rosenberg explained that because of their full refund policy, they don’t receive very many complaints. When a customer is unsatisfied, they get their money back.

By making their customer service line available 24/7, National Home Grocer is able to honor their commitment to “do whatever it takes” to make things right with their customers.

National Home Grocer believes it is a complete honor to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Consumer Satisfaction Program.

National Home Grocer Employee Feedback.

National Home Grocers delivery team has expressed that they feel very confident doing their job." The office manager Christy stated "I have seen Mr. Rosenberg take personal interest in the menu selection and delivery schedule of every customer. With his passion for healthy clean food and customer service our business model really works. It is a pleasure to work for a person with such high integrity."

National Home Grocer takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this: "National Home Grocer provides a very positive environment to work. Opportunities for suggestions and improvements are encouraged. The entire leadership team is truly concerned about our contribution to the company and providing growth opportunities for us. On a daily basis they listen and communicate with employees and customers."

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM National Home Grocer.

National Home Grocer recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s review, National Home Grocer has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Mr. Michael Rosenberg, Ripoff Report is convinced that National Home Grocer is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED =====================

national home grocer They are a RIP OFF!!! The owners are UNSCRUPULOUS!!! You will loose your deposit like me if you cancel. bohemia New York

Anyone even thinking of doing business with them should BEWARE!!! I also found out they are not listed with the BBB....too bad I didn't know before.....

National Home Grocer is food freezer plan where they give you a freezer and deliver five months of food for an agreed upon price. I signed a contract on July 13, 2013 and cancelled it on July 14, 2013 via phone call to the owner.

As per the cancellation policy, I had to notify them by mail by july 16 2013. On the 16th i faxed the signed notice of cancellation and mailedit. It is now August and I still can't get my 200$ deposit back. I will have to take them to small claims court!!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!!   OH MY GOD!!!!   DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT!!!  Because if you do, and then decide to exercise your right to cancel within three days, THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY!!!!  They would rather wait to see if you take them to small claims court!!!

I dealt with the owner and all was fine...he was SO SO nice......UNTIL I TRIED TO CANCEL....and boy oh boy did he get ugly!!!!  He is ANYTHING BUT A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIIONAL......

As far as the fodd, the samples he gave me were so-so....the steak was tender, but lucky if it was a half an inch thick, and although the chicken breast was tasty, it was so small it dried out quickly....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/national-home-grocer-home-grocery-delivery-bohemia-new-york-1074582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on national home grocer

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Customer is Always Right

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

The sales person who handled this client did not adhere to our company policies and has been reprimanded. As soon as I learned of what happened I took care of it. Read below what this person has to say about us now:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for resolving the matter.  I would also like to add that Joe is a pleasure to deal with.....a real asset to your company!

I will remove the complaint from RIP OFF REPORT when I receive confirmation of the post.....it is apparently under review.....

I will remove any and all post I made and where I can not, I will inform the consumer that it was not a owner I dealt with but rather a rogue salesman and that when I contacted the owner and informed him of what had transpired, that he couldn't do enough to rectify the situation!

I am sorry it had to go as far as it did, but thank you for handling the situation and introducing me to Joe.....I will continue to refer your company!

Loriann Sabbatino-Booth