Complaint Review: national home grocer

• Updated: Fri, October 07, 2016

• Reported By: Loriann S. — fort salonga New York
national home grocer
3300 veterans highway bohemia, New York USA

national home grocer They are a RIP OFF!!! The owners are UNSCRUPULOUS!!! You will loose your deposit like me if you cancel. bohemia New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Customer is Always Right

Anyone even thinking of doing business with them should BEWARE!!! I also found out they are not listed with the BBB....too bad I didn't know before.....

National Home Grocer is food freezer plan where they give you a freezer and deliver five months of food for an agreed upon price. I signed a contract on July 13, 2013 and cancelled it on July 14, 2013 via phone call to the owner.

As per the cancellation policy, I had to notify them by mail by july 16 2013. On the 16th i faxed the signed notice of cancellation and mailedit. It is now August and I still can't get my 200$ deposit back. I will have to take them to small claims court!!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!!   OH MY GOD!!!!   DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT!!!  Because if you do, and then decide to exercise your right to cancel within three days, THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY!!!!  They would rather wait to see if you take them to small claims court!!!

I dealt with the owner and all was fine...he was SO SO nice......UNTIL I TRIED TO CANCEL....and boy oh boy did he get ugly!!!!  He is ANYTHING BUT A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIIONAL......

As far as the fodd, the samples he gave me were so-so....the steak was tender, but lucky if it was a half an inch thick, and although the chicken breast was tasty, it was so small it dried out quickly....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/national-home-grocer-home-grocery-delivery-bohemia-new-york-1074582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on national home grocer

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Customer is Always Right

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

The sales person who handled this client did not adhere to our company policies and has been reprimanded. As soon as I learned of what happened I took care of it. Read below what this person has to say about us now:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for resolving the matter.  I would also like to add that Joe is a pleasure to deal with.....a real asset to your company!

I will remove the complaint from RIP OFF REPORT when I receive confirmation of the post.....it is apparently under review.....

I will remove any and all post I made and where I can not, I will inform the consumer that it was not a owner I dealt with but rather a rogue salesman and that when I contacted the owner and informed him of what had transpired, that he couldn't do enough to rectify the situation!

I am sorry it had to go as far as it did, but thank you for handling the situation and introducing me to Joe.....I will continue to refer your company!

Loriann Sabbatino-Booth