Complaint Review: National Legal Services

• Updated: Thu, June 14, 2012

• Reported By: Deb — Downers Grove Illinois United States of America
National Legal Services
San Antonio, Texas United States of America

National Legal Services DuPage County Legal Services, Deputy Chief's office I got the same calls. I got a voice message from a southern black woman with a professional voice and she said her name was Renee Roe and gave a file # and said I need to call 210-892-1235 San Antonio, Texas

I got the same calls.  I got a voice message from a southern black woman with a professional voice and she said her name was Renee Roe and gave a file # and said I need to call 210-892-1235 and that there is a subpoena on me and a restraining order on me.  When I called them back, they said they were from the DuPage County Legal Processing Center (no such entity exists) and claimed I owed $1k+ and I could save myself from a legal mess if I pay them with a credit card.  I asked the local police for assistance in tracing the calls and they claim it is out of their jurisdiction and that they did a little investigation and the address the call came from is an empty field.  DO NOT give these people your credit card #'s or bank account #.  The same lady called me last month and claimed she was from the Deputies office.  They called all of my friends, family and previous employers, repeated my FULL social security # and mothers maiden name back to me.  They somehow hacked someone's system to get that info.  They are a scam!!!!  I reported them to the three credit bureau's, local police, Federal Trade Commission and BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Legal-Services/San-Antonio-Texas-/National-Legal-Services-DuPage-County-Legal-Services-Deputy-Chiefs-office-I-got-the-same-897873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Legal Services